Injector circuit low code

Dirtleg

I have been getting an injector circuit low dtc on my truck. It's happened three times in the last 3000 miles (3 weeks). Always cylinder 5. I know it's probably FICM related. The truck runs fine starts and drives and I haven't noticed a decrease in power or mileage. It's got 122k miles and this is the first real issue I've had with it.

The one thing that has me concerned is that I had a water in fuel problem about 5k miles ago. I was in Brazil at the time and it happened when my wife was using the truck. I told her to stop driving it and change the filters immediately which she did. But the problem was still there and this time she drove the truck some as hers was in the shop for a few days. I was gone about 4 weeks and changed the filter again when I got here. Long story short it took about 4 tanks of fuel and a couple of sets of filters before the problem was gone completely.

My concern is that I may have damaged the injector(s) with the water problem and I don't want to chase a FICM problem that might really be an injector problem.

So what are ya'lls opinions on this. Could the water have damaged the injectors in this manner or would it be a different type of failure? Do I need to borrow a Solus and run some tests with it to be sure? And if so what specific tests will be needed to confirm what the problem is. Thanks.

My truck was throwing the same code for all 8 injectors at the same time and using Auto Enginuity i figured out my FICM was dropping voltage. IIRC that code is for low input voltage to the injector. Im gonna change out the FICM today so ill see how that goes but if its like mine its the FICM, just yours is only throwing for one injector so I dont know.

Thanks for the advice and ideas.

Bad Moose thanks for the link that was a helpful read. As of now I am not having a miss at all even cold. And today the check engine light shut itself off. I didn't clear it this last time that it came on.

I'll continue to monitor things and see if it becomes an issue as the weather gets colder.