Injector disassembly

Very familiar. Bigger injectors=a few quirks, and a learning curve. If I use any fuel additive the idle misses. Tank without and the idle returns to normal. That's a wierd one huh?

No man...when I had 225's...that's when I had a couple issues...like smoke gallore on first start of the day...enough to smoke out the neighborhood. Smoke to black out 4 lanes of traffic, just by rolling on the pedal...:bang

Ask Redneck6.0L (Shawn), or Eric from Innovative, they saw my truck when I had 225's. It had an unbelievable smooth idle.

I just started my truck before anyone could see it in the morning at the BlackOut:hehe:

I just have an injector that is having a hissy fit...

I have talked to Ryan, and PM'd Adam. -No worrys.

Funny you should mention fuel additive...I overdose the truck at every tankfull with Stanadyne...have had to use the Amsoil cetane boost in a pinch, but 99.9% of the time it's Stanadyne. (Maybe I should run a tank without it for once.) -Could you imagine...a fix that actually dosn't cost me money...:hehe:

Here is a pic of the relief plug that leaks. It's the little plug on the right with the cheesy little tack on it. You have to pull injector apart to see it.

Attachments

• injector plug.jpg
    injector plug.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 54
What parts should I be looking at for wear?
What should I clean everything with?
What should I use to put it back together?

Sorry for all the questions but I was courious also so I ripped one apart:doh:

picture.php

jello..dont be too upset..here is Doug motivational poster:

picture.php
[/QUOTE]

..............:hehe:

I wish I had burned that truck down. Unfortunately it left Maroone Ford of Sunrise and caught fire on the highway.

#1 do no not handle the fuel plunger with bare skin, the acids/moisture in your skin can etch the precision finish/fit which won't make it better. if you have to handle the plunger finished surface try dipping your fingers in CLEAN diesel fuel. That said, the factories assemble them in nearly sterile "clean" rooms, so the odds are against you not contaminating them, when you do this at home. another cause of missing at idle can be combustion gas leaking past the copper gasket into the fuel rail. telltale signs are soot above the gasket, also if fuel is clean but fuel filters are black its suspicious. the gas pockets in the injector will produce the same damage as low fuel pressure, as well as excess wear from the soot.due to the gas pockets one leaky gasket can take out more than 1 injector on that side, all the injectors get gassy fuel because of 1 bad copper gasket

Obviosuly the truck is onfire..how did that come to be? Is thaton of your trucks Doug?

Obviosuly the truck is onfire..how did that come to be? Is thaton of your trucks Doug?

after having a transmission service done at the local dealer (miami area) they conveniently left a hose off the transmission..then it got hot and driver saw white smoke and smelled transmission fluid and there you see it....fire..

Back