Injector install

6.0stroker250

So my # 1 and 5 injector are dropping out i plan on replacing them next week.....any hints or tips on the install??? ford also told me to replace all the o rings on the other 2 good injectors???

River city diesel has genuine ford injectors for 250 but on xtreme diesel performance site they got reman ones from dtech for 200???

Definitely change the o-rings on the other injectors as well. Make sure the injector cups are clean before reinstalling the injectors and use a little vaseline on the new o-rings. Make sure you torque the bolt down (25 foot pounds). Pretty simple other than that.

Like said above, when you pull the injectors out clean and inspect the injector cups and make sure the copper washer isn't at the bottom. I use vaseline on the o-rings when i install. Remember to blow out the cup and the injector holder bolt hole. If you don't blow out the injector holder bolt hole from oil...the injector will loosen up over time. I torqued mine a little more than the ford spec...i torqued them to 28ft lbs.

Yea i did it tuesday night and everything went good intill it hydrolocked...ford fixed it injector one was torqued to much and ****ed the o ring up....everything else though said was fine they checked all of em now its running like brand new!!!

After we install new injectors, we take the glowplug out and set the valve cover back on without the gasket. Then we crank the motor to clear the cylindars so that it dont hydro lock. You dont want to do it with the injectors out cause it will can blow the cups out. I allways reccomend doing atleast all 4 on the side with the bad ones that way you wont pay double the labor when you have to come back to change the other ones.