Injector issue and dodge tells me go home.

Exodus

Hey guys, i have an 06 common rail in my f350 and it's got a stuck injector or two. I asked the local dodge dealer to run their test on it, but when they found out it was in a ford, they said, no way. Being on a small island in canada, i don't have many options. I called a local diesel shop, and they said they can't run cummins insite on the dodge ECU.

What are my options here? Just pull injectors and send them out for testing? Anyone one what's different about running insite? I believe a tech told me you have to build a different harness for it. I'm not sure tho.

I'm pissed and venting.

Thanks guys

There are diagnostic computers out there that will do what you need, you just need to find a general repair shop that has one. I am not a mechanic, so forgive me for not knowing the name, but my buddy let me borrow one a while back from his shop (its about a $15,000 system) and when plugged in via the OBDII port I could shut down each cylinder individually using the on screen menus.

If the motor has more than 100,000-125,000 miles on it, I would just replace all of the injectors rather than sending them off to be tested. History tells us that, if they aren't bad now, they will be soon. It will just save you the money you would spend on testing.

Hey guys, i have an 06 common rail in my f350 and it's got a stuck injector or two. I asked the local dodge dealer to run their test on it, but when they found out it was in a ford, they said, no way. Being on a small island in canada, i don't have many options. I called a local diesel shop, and they said they can't run cummins insite on the dodge ECU.

What are my options here? Just pull injectors and send them out for testing? Anyone one what's different about running insite? I believe a tech told me you have to build a different harness for it. I'm not sure tho.

I'm pissed and venting.

Thanks guys

There is a small harness modification that needs done and you can hook a dodge up to insite. Not all trucks have this ability but being an 06 you should be able to.

Thanks guys. Motor has 30,000 miles on it, but it sat since 09 waiting for me to get it in my ford.

There is a small harness modification that needs done and you can hook a dodge up to insite. Not all trucks have this ability but being an 06 you should be able to.

Any info on this? I modded the harness to run in the ford, how hard could it be?

Back