Injector Issue

zrultima

Hey guys I just installed some 5x.018 injectors I bleed the system and truck was running fine when I stepped out to check for leaks I notice injector#4 was leaking from the top of the feed line and the Hold down nut when I took a closer look. I made sure the line was tight any ideas just would like to get some ideas before I get home and starty wrenching on it.

Take it off and make sure it's clean. If you got just a little dirt in there, it won't seat perfect.

Well I had put some brake parts cleaner to clean the nut but what are the torque specs on it not that I can put a torque wrench on it but just to know how much force to use?

I couldn't tell you the torque spec, but I can tell you that you can use a crows foot with your torque wrench and do the math to find the difference. It's really easy if you keep the crowsfoot straight. If not, it will require a little trig.

torque5.gif

So using a 10" long torque wrench, a 1.5" long crowsfoot, and a reading of 135ftlb on your torque wrench. You'll actually be torquing your bolt to 117ftlb.

Very simple.

yeah ok lol not that simple but I got it lol I didnt know they took 117pds of force I dont think I have any near that much only one leaking is #4

The 15/16" hold down nuts are 44 ft/lbs. if it's leaking up from those nuts you could have a cracked injector body... (Ask me how I know). If it's the line just make sure it's clean and give it a tug past snug.

yeah ok lol not that simple but I got it lol I didnt know they took 117pds of force I dont think I have any near that much only one leaking is #4

No, no, no. It is not 117 or 135 ftlbs. That was just an example on a picture I found to help explain it better.

I'd listed to Stubz down there \/

The 15/16" hold down nuts are 44 ft/lbs. if it's leaking up from those nuts you could have a cracked injector body... (Ask me how I know). If it's the line just make sure it's clean and give it a tug past snug.

whoops sorry well these are brand new injectors so I dont think there messed up yet can u tell me how u know stubz?

crack the line with it running and reseat it. probably just got some dirt in it. don't get them too tight it can crack the line.

Well I went ahead and applied some pressure on Line#4 when I seated it down to the injector then I tighten her up and walaaaah No LEak... I drove the truck around for about 20 miles I gave it a little stomp and then my idle went down to like 600 rpm while on drive but still no leaks

Idle is still at 600Rpm when in Drive or Reverse but hasbnt turned off today drove like normal no issues any thoughts guys?

torque5.gif

So using a 10" long torque wrench, a 1.5" long crowsfoot, and a reading of 135ftlb on your torque wrench. You'll actually be torquing your bolt to 117ftlb.

Very simple.

I think you might have that backwards.. You want to set your torque wrench to 117 ft-lbs to achieve a torque of 135 ft-lbs with a 1.5" long crows foot.

Well guys got all the issues resolved no more leaks now I am having a charging issue but ill post another thread

I think you might have that backwards.. You want to set your torque wrench to 117 ft-lbs to achieve a torque of 135 ft-lbs with a 1.5" long crows foot.

Yeah, you're 100% right. I must have been tired or something and not using my head.