Injector issues?

Inbred Inline

Bastard child builder
I'm suspecting its time for injectors again in my truck but id like a second opinion…..I have a 2003 CR engine in my '08 GMC running a 2006 ECM with a joefarmer standalone harness for starters. Air dog 165, EFI live CSP5 by me, 100hp injectors, couple balance rates are at or near -4 mm3 and the thing smokes at high rpms (2700+) hazes good in the driveway free revving but will lose the car behind it in smoke when under load. Smoke color is gray-blue best i can tell, idles perfect and runs good other than a very intermittent miss/hiccup I've noted free revving it and periodically will get a rail pressure surge sometimes 2K+/- psi off of desired rp at cruising. I have attempted to cure that with a new FCA with some limited results. Smoke is not dependent on the tune and will do it more based on rpms rather than pulse width when logging it, runs clean at low rpms even WOT. Only smokes high up and it has a relatively small tune in it. Is there something I'm missing or am i right with my diagnosis, do i have a injector hanging open a little? Injectors aren't that old HOWEVER last july i got a VERY bad tank of fuel from a pilot in indiana that my dinosaur sled puller wouldn't even run on, had a lot of water in it and junk and dead yellow color…….:bang:bang:bang:doh: Wasn't long after that incident that the balance rates went south. MY only question is if they are as bad as they seem why does it not haze at idle and run perfect down low? Thanks in advance guys

389217025da6efa7534d08548e989c7a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you suspect injectors swap the suspect injectors to different cylinders and see if the balance rates follow.

Most likely from the sounds of it I would say injector issue.

Back