injector lines

w250_93

FNG
Is there any chance that injector lines could swell an cause a engine to run rough by altering the timing of certain cylinders?

I have a 93 i did a p-pump swap on an i got all my parts from a Fire victim, is it possible the heat could've softened the lines. The reason i'm asking is because i've had this problem since i put the p-pump on my motor.

I've done everything imaginable to try an figure out what the problem is an its got me stumped. I've done a compression test, checked for air leaks, swapped injectors around an the miss doesn't fallow them, changed DV's, changed injection pumps, changed gov springs, checked valve lash. the only thing i haven't changed is the injector lines.

If you guys can think of anything I've missed let me know, any info is greatly appreciated...thanks in advance.

It's not in my sig but i have a airdog

Are all the cylinders running rough?

The pump could also be the culprit. Have you checked timing?

No not all of them just 2 an 4, it seems like the motor actually runs smoother when i crack the lines an when i tighten them back up the motor smooths out almost completely right before they get tight. I've swapped the injectors to different cylinders an the problem doesn't follow them.

I tried changing the timing with the first p-pump but it never helped an i haven't tried changing it with this other pump yet, it's still at stock timing. Plus i don't have a CPL for this pump so i don't know what chart to go off of, its a 843 pump which i found out to be a 175hp pump. I even sent the first pump to Columbus diesel to get flowed an you would've thought they would've caught it if something was wrong.

It's just hard for me to believe that i could have the same problem with two different pumps but i guess it's possible.

It has 370-380 psi of compression on each cylinder, is that low?

What about the cam, is it a possibility that i might have wiped a lobe on the cam? Whats the spec for lift? I can check it with a dial indicator at the rocker arm.

hell i would just borrow a set of line from some one and see if it smoothes you out. if you were around me i tell you to stop buy and try a set.

Lol I appreciate the thought man an I would take you up on that if you was closer.

I really don't think it's the lines but that's really all I've got left to try. I thought about getting another set of injectors to try to but I'm having a hard time finding someone that has a set laying around. I'm just desperate cause I've tried everything I can think of an apparently no one else has any ideals either lol. I'm probably going to check the cam either tonight or tomorrow, maybe its wiped a lobe on the cam. But if you rev the motor up past like 1500rpm it smooths out an if it was a cam you would think it would be through the whole rpm range.

The motor runs so rough that the whole truck shakes an if I set my arm on the arm rest while I'm looking at my phone i can't even read it cause it's shaking around so much lol.

I did put a set of stock DV's in it an it smoothed out a little bit.

Back