Injector opinion. 90 hp vs 5x18's

saltyfly88

Heres the deal guy, I need some help with which injectors I should run. heres a backround of my truck, 97 12 valve, ported and polished head, Colt cams stg 3, HTT 64/71/16, half cut DV's, #5 plate,mack rack plug, Just had my pump benched at 450cc's. I have 2 sets of injectors, ddp 90's and a set of sdx 5x18's. Id like to know which injectors would be better for the setup. I rarely tow anything. And id like to make as much power as possible. I want to run the 5x18's but I want my Egt's to be pretty low. Also how much power do you guys thinkI could get with this setup? thanks JIm

Go with the 90's. I kept the 5x18's in after I pulled the 66/74 and put the 64/71/14 on and it was a hot POS to drive. I have the stock 180's back in now and it really drives nice. Turbo starts to spool about 1600rpms and will boost to 45 psi, and stays below 1200 for the most part. I do have a bit more fuel from my pump but yours with a bit bigger injector should be about the same.

I've got a set of DDP4's with a HTT 64/71/13SS and I'm looking to go bigger. Both with fuel and air. In the works of getting a S366 and I would like to have a set of 5x.018's.

I believe DDP4's are 5x.014's (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) They fuel hard and are very driveable. Never see temps over 1200 and the don't really haze much either. They are a good all around injector. You may want to look into selling both sets of injectors and getting a set.

If you get ddp's, get them used, they are way overpriced IMO. Or talk to partyshortbus or someone else on here.

Your injector choices are pretty far apart. A 5x.018 is a pretty big injector. Maybe something in the middle like the 5x.014 mentioned would better suit you if egt's are a concern. And even that injector would be capable of 700+ hp with a tweaked pump like yours and enough air.

I bought the 5x18's because I was running a phatshaft 71. now im gonna run either a silverbullet or the htt 64mm. I needed the fuel before. lol

Go with the 90's. I kept the 5x18's in after I pulled the 66/74 and put the 64/71/14 on and it was a hot POS to drive. I have the stock 180's back in now and it really drives nice. Turbo starts to spool about 1600rpms and will boost to 45 psi, and stays below 1200 for the most part. I do have a bit more fuel from my pump but yours with a bit bigger injector should be about the same.

With a non benched 913 pump, Weston's 5x.014s, 191s, 4ks, and the 64/71/14 that ninerqb has now I did 456/940 on a non load dyno. I was seeing about 47psi on the dyno early Dec. At the end of my runs I was getting in the 1500-1600 degree range. It was enough air to clean up to a very light haze at WOT on the street.

Im thinking about running the 71. But running that turbo with no waste gate kinda worries me.

perfect time to plumb in that drive pressure gauge.....I'm assuming drive pressure is whats worrying you.

Back