injector problem on cold starts

olred07

Diesels for Christ
On a cold start it sounds like a couple of injectors are not working properly.
Could this be a spool valve?
If so where would yall recommend getting a injector?

Mines doing it too. Are you looking to replace all the injectors or just the problem ones?

Mine does it too... Mine has 400 miles of warranty left so they are getting it Monday to replace the problem injectors.

I only have 40,000 miles on mine so probably just changing the problem ones, if there's more than one then i guess ill get some 190cc Casserly or 175cc RCD

sounds like you need to get your ficm updated. if it only does it cold then more than likely you need an update. injectors are usually not the problem on this type of concern

Mine started doing it last week, then it got worse, then Friday morning, I turn the key over, and no clicks from the FICM. Replaced the FICM, and Voila, runs like new.

Mine was reflashed less than one year ago already. The only problem here is usually the dealer wont just throw and FICM on without some codes getting thrown up... Not to mention it goes away once the truck warms up.

So change they just reflash my ficm or do they have to reflash all of it?
i have custom tunes will it hurt to reflash everything?
explain this i need to know, my truck runs like crap until it gets warmed up

So change they just reflash my ficm or do they have to reflash all of it?
explain this i need to know, my truck runs like crap until it gets warmed up

Just get a brand new FICM and have the company who tuned your truck flash it again.

I think this is your question: If your FICM is reflashed, will you lose your custom tunes (i.e., SCT tunes)?

Is your FICM custom tuned?

--Snake

ok if you take your truck in and they reflash it then it will wipe out all tunes! cause it reprograms the pcm ficm and tcm.

And mdub you should get the dealer to check the mpower on the ficm. Cause the ficm needs at least 47 volts at all times. if it starts dropping below that then it will start causeing running problems. sometime it wont set codes until it gets really bad.

I know all this cause im a ford diesel tech and this stuff is all i do!

so if i take my sct tuner off, then have them reprogram everything will i be able to still use my sct tuner with custom tunes from eric?
my ficm is stock no tuning done to it.

i know that some programmers need to be updated after ford reprograms the pcm. im not sure about the sct programmers if they need to be done.

ok if you take your truck in and they reflash it then it will wipe out all tunes! cause it reprograms the pcm ficm and tcm.

And mdub you should get the dealer to check the mpower on the ficm. Cause the ficm needs at least 47 volts at all times. if it starts dropping below that then it will start causeing running problems. sometime it wont set codes until it gets really bad.

I know all this cause im a ford diesel tech and this stuff is all i do!

Where did you say you lived?:Cheer:

I wish you were MY diesel tech. I know more than he does. It scares me. I've had my truck in there twice for these and other symptoms, only to be returned once with a reflash of the FICM (first trip), they had it for one week. Second trip it was there for three weeks... yeah, swallow that one, THREE WEEKS, all they ended up doing was cleaning my EGR valve. They even had my SCT to play with and if they knew ANYTHING they'd know the EGR is shut off with the darn tuner anyways! They still charged me the $100 deductible for just cleaning my EGR valve. I was happy. NOT. Truck has been running like poo for almost 9 months now and they're the only dealer I can really bring it too because of mods and my ARPs (part of the agreement for them to do it was I told them I'd bring it there only for stuff).

i know that some programmers need to be updated after ford reprograms the pcm. im not sure about the sct programmers if they need to be done.

Custom tunes need to be re-written EVERY time the FICM gets reflashed. They are very specific.

Well yall i can honestly tell yall im gonna have to get new tunes, they reflashed it today and i checked my stragry code and it changed so ill be spending 65 dollars with eric tmr, thanks yall

Back