injector problems

bombanana

On an 03 f350 6.0 I have an injestor bleeding down over night. When i first start it it runs rough and smokes. Im positive that its not the egr cooler. Does anyone here know of a way to identify which injector or at least which bank its on?

sticky spool valves are way common on these trucks, Ford can tell you which injector it is as well as any diesel shop

I work at a diesel shop but Im pretty new to fords. There are no contribution codes and my scanner wont run a contribution test on the 6.0s. With Dodges I can kill injectors with my scanner or even use block-offs to cut fuel completely from any specific injector. I was just wondering if there was anything like that I could do on 6.0s.

You can get at injector connections fairly easily just unplug them one at a time. But you will probally need to clears the codes that will cause.

AE makes software that will do this, or you can take it and have a dealership do it. I think we used an IDS on the last one and it pulled codes for whatever injector was screwing up. I'm not sure if that was pure luck or whatever. I know the next version of AE due out soon will have the contribution test...or so I'm told.

AE makes software that will do this, or you can take it and have a dealership do it. I think we used an IDS on the last one and it pulled codes for whatever injector was screwing up. I'm not sure if that was pure luck or whatever. I know the next version of AE due out soon will have the contribution test...or so I'm told.

That's the rumor... :rockwoot:

if you have a diagnostic tool capable of it, do an injector electrical test after the vehicle sits over night before you start it, the test will buzz all 8 injectors quickly then one at a time, you will hear each one "tick" so there will be 8 ticks all together, if you have a stiction issue or bad injector all or some of the injectors will not tick or may be faint. it will cycle them in order so pay close attention to which ones are cycling, if there is a long pause in between the ticks then that is the injector causing the issue. also after performing that test open up the power balance test then start the truck, you will be able to see whats going on in each cyl.

Back