Injector question

1bad05

OK, so i bought a 2005 3500 qc dually 4x4 6spd a couple months ago and it never seemed to run even close to what my previous 2005 2500 qcsb 4x4 auto would. I knew I had leaking seals on the turbo and just swapped it out with a secondhand garrett that was built by tom at turbo re-source. Supposed to be a stage 3 non gated with a .89 exhaust housing. All this time the truck had a egt guage but the lazy previous owner never installed the probe so i did that when i did the turbo. I'm thinking it may have sticks or nozzles just because when running about 65-70 in 6th I don't have any problem hitting 1200*.

Not sure what your question is. If its "do i have modded injectors" then ok. Do you have any excessive smoke at any rpm? Does the truck run better? I think a set of 50s would be prime for that small charger with little if any excessive smoke. Perhaps you might want to look at boost leaks. You would be supprised where and how small of a leak makes a difference.

that is the question. there is no smoke til i shift and then still not a lot. runs like a scalded dog now though. along with the seals i noticed that the wastegate rod was installed on the wastegate 180* out!!!!!

Just went back to work and did notice a slight smoke coming from the tailpipe at about 3/4-full throttle acceleration.

Last edited: