Injector question

Yooper75

Life sucks, get a helmet!
I have two injectors going bad in my truck and I really dont want to pay for an entire set of injectors so here is my question. Has anyone pulled the injectors out of their truck and had them rebuilt to the specs they want or am I better off just ordering a new set and sending mine off to them as cores? I would also be curious what the differnce would be in cost because I dont want to go crazy and build tons of HP I am just going to be towing a 5er and want some more all aroung performance out of the truck. Thank you in advance.

Dave

Why would you pay for an entire set if you know you only have two "going bad"?

Because I would really like to upgrade one size from stock and start looking at some mods to help with towing. And how far can you push stock injectors with just tuning HP wise before you have to upgrade them?

I am going to be towing at least a 30'-0" 5er. Its also going to be an older model so it will be heavier than a new one.

Why would you pay for an entire set if you know you only have two "going bad"?

After reading around on the forums, most say to replace all at once, not just one or two at a time...

I myself would just do whatever ones are going bad, because I'm a cheap-arse.

After reading around on the forums, most say to replace all at once, not just one or two at a time...

I myself would just do whatever ones are going bad, because I'm a cheap-arse.

Because most people on forums don't have scan tools. And they love to just throw parts at things.

I know which injectors they are but I just dont know what the firing order is for the engine the bad injectors are 3 and 6. I am not looking to gain tons of HP here or blow clouds of black smoke.

What does the firing order have to do with which injector's are out?

I got that info from a very respectable Ford tech on another site. I know he has the scan tools.

Just another example of fine Ford training.

There is no reason why you should have to replace all the injectors if only one or two are bad.

HAHA..I got what I wished for too but now I hate it...LOL

To date you are the only customer that has ever said that. Well, besides the guy who was running II 275`s and he said he needed some 345`s. I said.. How about we try some real 275`s first...

To date you are the only customer that has ever said that. Well, besides the guy who was running II 275`s and he said he needed some 345`s. I said.. How about we try some real 275`s first...

It be alright if I had some nice twins....but a single with these sticks sucks....everyone thinks my truck is broke cuz of the smoke. Ha

Back