Injector questions, trying to learn.

gstanfield

Are we there yet?
OK, I'm still trying to figure out the injectors in relationship to power/smoke/egt's

My question is at what point do you need bigger injectors? With my stock injectors I can pump out a solid black cloud of smoke at 30+psi of boost easily. Without a bigger turbo I don't think I need more fuel.

So, could someone explain things a bit to me? What would a bigger set of injectors do to my EGT's? They are quick and easy to swap, would it make sense to run the stock ones for everyday and towing and install the bigger set a couple times a year when I go to the track?

With the stock turbo and a #100 plate, running 16degrees timing would I see any benefit with a set of injectors? Would it raise EGT's the same as sliding my plate further forward?

Thanks for any info at all on this subject. I'm trying to learn as much as I can here.

George

gstanfield said:
OK, I'm still trying to figure out the injectors in relationship to power/smoke/egt's

My question is at what point do you need bigger injectors? With my stock injectors I can pump out a solid black cloud of smoke at 30+psi of boost easily. Without a bigger turbo I don't think I need more fuel.

So, could someone explain things a bit to me? What would a bigger set of injectors do to my EGT's? They are quick and easy to swap, would it make sense to run the stock ones for everyday and towing and install the bigger set a couple times a year when I go to the track?

With the stock turbo and a #100 plate, running 16degrees timing would I see any benefit with a set of injectors? Would it raise EGT's the same as sliding my plate further forward?

Thanks for any info at all on this subject. I'm trying to learn as much as I can here.

George

Yes you egt's will raise that much faster and that much hotter with larger injectors. In only makes sense, on a side note i would run them all year round if bought. What i would tell you to do would forget fuel, if you can pump what you are and not cleaning it up what are you to gain with more fuel? I was in the same boat, a turbo is in your very near future if you want to harness the fuel you already have. But more will be along that have much more experience then me.

Rick

That's kinda what I thought. I guess my thought was that maybe a set of injectors would atomize the fuel better and use the fuel I'm sending more efficiently. Like I said, I don't know much about these and wasn't sure if the aftermarket injectors were just better or if they were more efficient.

George

get a turbo. That is going to benefit you best right now with your set up injectors will give you a little more out of the truck but just create more smoke and egt's at this point, till you get a big turbo but once you go injectors I would plan on at least studding the head before hand.