Injector shorting out ficm?

guntersxr

has anyone ever heard of this? my truck decided not to crank and i had to have it towed to the dealership. theyre telling me the ficm is toast and its because the #2 injector shorted it out. WTF? Ive never heard of such a thing, any insight?

has anyone ever heard of this? my truck decided not to crank and i had to have it towed to the dealership. theyre telling me the ficm is toast and its because the #2 injector shorted it out. WTF? Ive never heard of such a thing, any insight?

Yes its very possible. FICM can trigger alot of issues.

ive heard of it too.. maybe the injector wiring is grounding out or something like that?

i have seen it once and yes the broken wire on the one that i did that grounded out did kill the ficm

not that thats impossible but the injectors are fairly new. any other reasons it would do this?

not that thats impossible but the injectors are fairly new. any other reasons it would do this?

It could be the Injector harness, UVC, there's a lot that can be said, but yes a Injector can cause a FICM to short, hence Fuel Injection Control Module.

just found out the pcm is fried too, should i be worried that the injectors will cause this again?

just found out the pcm is fried too, should i be worried that the injectors will cause this again?

Not really, if it happens again it happens, again, its not in your control just hope it under warranty when it does. unless you find a new PCM and FICM on ebay for a few hundred bucks. Just swap em out. and get retuned etc.

after having the ecm and ficm replaced the truck runs well. BUT, my sct is also fried, could the sct be the culprit?

after having the ecm and ficm replaced the truck runs well. BUT, my sct is also fried, could the sct be the culprit?

Are you running stock with the FICM and PCM. If so Id check your SCT it could very well be defected.

as of now im running a stock ficm and a stock pcm....with big injectors and big turbo.

225 casserlys and a stage 3 vgt. i called sct today and they were "sure" it wasnt thier fault and want me to send it to them to fix it. idk what to do.