Injector smoke

stang53

The Ghost
Truck smokes horrible white smoke at an idle and misfires. Injectors were new II 45 lpm less than 1500 miles ago. Narrowed it down to being number 6 by capping each line individually one at a time, smoke quit when 6 was capped. Pulled injector and sent to II, they tested/cleaned it and said nothing was wrong. Installed injector, still had issue, swapped number 3 with 6 problem is still in the number 6 cylinder. Rail pressure is around 7500 at an idle. Any suggestions where to go next, pressure sender, or valve cover gasket/harness possibly?

Installed new tubes, smoke is raw fuel in the exhaust and no codes active. Unsure if condition of cylinder right now it was fine a year ago when head was off and haven't done anything besides drive the truck 200 miles this year.

Nope dead hole no compression Bummer! Boroscope it to be sure But head has to come off! Check the valve lash as a I wish check!

Last edited:
I had a valve set way to tight one time (cant remember which one) and it gave me a dead cylinder. Was less then an hour away from getting ready to yank the engine before I decided to check lash again.

I am going through the same exact thing on my truck blowing white smoke had injectors tested they were good capped off each injector on the rail and #3 when capped produced 50% less smoke.

My truck seems to have a slight miss until I cap #3 then it just smokes. I just had all injectors tested and they came back fine

Back