Injector test in layman's terms? Help read?

Exodus

Hey guys. Story on the engine is, I bought it in 08 and it sat before it went into my ford until 2013. The engine had under 60,000KM on it. It would pull, then hesitate, pull some more then hesitate and had a haze at idle. I sent them out for testing and was told they run all over the map, which I don't doubt. With so low KM on them, would running 2 stroke oil or ATF through them in a couple tanks of fuel help?

Thanks guys.

1_zpspbyp2uuy.jpg

2_zpsuq0kij4s.jpg

3_zpspzdjjtnj.jpg

4_zps4vs82udo.jpg

5_zpst5qd3h6t.jpg

6_zpsgdk8udwi.jpg

Not sure about 2-cycle oil but ATF through a CR's fuel system is NOT recommended. An additive like Power Service or something of that nature would be your best bet.

Had a chat with Zack Hamilton a while back and he told me that 2 stroke oil.....the super tech wal mart kind.....as long as its rated as xoxoxo......I forget the numbers/letters.....its perfectly fine. I've been running 2-3 oz/gal for over a year and my CR engine purrs like a kitten for having 341000 miles on it.

Had a chat with Zack Hamilton a while back and he told me that 2 stroke oil.....the super tech wal mart kind.....as long as its rated as xoxoxo......I forget the numbers/letters.....its perfectly fine. I've been running 2-3 oz/gal for over a year and my CR engine purrs like a kitten for having 341000 miles on it.

I run one ounce per gallon never had an issue!

No matter how long they were used, I wouldn't waste your time on them. I'd be ordering some new ones.

No matter how long they were used, I wouldn't waste your time on them. I'd be ordering some new ones.

3K up here for injectors in canada and with 30% on the US dollar, your price isn't much better.

I'm going to try the 2 stroke oil. I hope it sounds like a detroit LOL

3K up here for injectors in canada and with 30% on the US dollar, your price isn't much better.

I'm going to try the 2 stroke oil. I hope it sounds like a detroit LOL

They def arn't cheap either place. After thinking about it I would probably do the same first, but I'm not very confident they will clean up.

I would pull them and have a reputable shop look at them and give them some TLC. Don't think 2 stroke or any other additive is going to help them too much.

I see the truck in your signature is a 2003. :cool:

I've seen 2003s and early 2004s run way more miles and get better fuel mileage, which stands to reason, since the early trucks run a 2 event ECM, instead of a 3 event, which the late 2004-2007s do.

1/3 less wear equates (usually) to 1/3 longer life cycle.

I honestly think the 2 event engines are the elite of the CRs, for their longevity and fuel mileage.

Mark.

Probably TC-3. My grandfather ran it in his 2 stroke boat motors. The other 2 stroke oils like for chainsaws smoked more.

I've seen 2003s and early 2004s run way more miles and get better fuel mileage, which stands to reason, since the early trucks run a 2 event ECM, instead of a 3 event, which the late 2004-2007s do.

I honestly think the 2 event engines are the elite of the CRs, for their longevity and fuel mileage.

Mark.
I agree Mark. I am partial to the 03/04 engines. Hell I prefer the 0304 trucks over the other 3rd gens. Reliable, simple, no g56 and better seats

Mark.
I will say that my 03 has been pretty much trouble free. Aside from a failed FCA, nothing has needed replacing except the injectors, which went at about 299,000 miles. Had full rebuilds on all six. Even at 8000lbs, the FluxII will still manage close to 20mpg's. :p. I bought it brand new in 03 and 341,000 miles later....I still love it.

Back