injectors, pump ,fca, rail pressure sensor?

dsr

i had some bad injectors so i changed them out when i did i steped up to 65lpm. the first week or so it was fine, but now if i start the truck in the mid morning after sitting all night it has a miss and smokes white bad. rail pressure is at 7000psi at idle you can rev it up it runs bad for a little bit, its like clearing out a carborator on a gasser after 10 to 20 sec of reving and let it idel rail pressure drops down to 5000psi and runs good ill drive to work no problems work all day and drive home no problem let it set over night and in the mid morning it does it again no idea i hooked up a snap on scan tool and the demanded rail press and the accual rail press are right next to each other any ideas

65s are awful big, I hope you have support for them. Need more info?

i have ii 85 over cp3 and i have no problem bearing the rp gauge and keeping it there.runs like a champ after it warms up what is the other info u need

FCA or Pressure sensor, We have test sensors for these ,they are on the way to TX.If you need them I will Have him forward to You.Also what lift system?

Maybe I was misinformed but isn't anything bigger than a 38lpm injector require a bigger than 85% cp3?

How does it start afer it is warmed up and has sat for an hour or so? Thats about how mine is but its 20* outside and no heater grid for me.

running a warrbro pump set at 40psi 1/2" pick tube and line all the way to the cp3 it doesnt drop at all.

ya thats what i hear but i dont seem to have a problem i was running the stock pump with 37lpm every body says bs but some how some way for me it works

ya no grid heater for me either its only around 32 to 40 and it runs fine once warm you can let it sit for 3 or 5 hours and its fine but over night it misses and runs bad till you either clear it out by reving it up several times or let it get warm

you can run up to a 45lpm injector with the 85% anything over that II says you need dual pumps. Also try running less fuel pressure, 40 psi is high, Brad at Fass says you want 21 psi at idle and Wot you need aroud 17 psi.

i have 63 bfi and never have that problem, i have a modified ii cp-3 on the bottom and a stock cp-3 on top, however i have a stumble in the 2200 rpm range that smokes white after the engine is warm, its not as bad after i replaced two injectors, i dont think i have enough pump either.

well dont know what the hole problem was or what caused it. but i dont have to worry about the small stuff anymore i broke the crank yesterday now it misses all the time pulled the oil pan and found it broke across the the #1 crank balance or throw

well dont know what the hole problem was or what caused it. but i dont have to worry about the small stuff anymore i broke the crank yesterday now it misses all the time pulled the oil pan and found it broke across the the #1 crank balance or throw

what happened, that sucks

just drivin in to work at 60 it studdered for a second eng light came on and started hammering. i pulled over and shut it off hooked up smarty and pulled the codes, had a code for crank sensor so i cleared it and started, still hammered so i had it towed to my shop and found the cranck sensor broke off. i cranked it and saw the dampner wobling pulled the dampner and found play on in the crank. pulled the pan down and bam broken crank i think it was from a lot of hard 900 hp nos runs just showin its ass now. which might explain the problem i was having or nothing related i dont know just little pissed right now.

Sounds like you had an injector that was hanging open. Finally hung wide open and hydrolocked the engine, taking the crank out.

Sorry to hear it man that is some carnage if you can would you post some pictures of the crank when you get it out.

Danny

it was running good no hydrolock it still turns over and did then to. like i said think it was just long time coming. i will take pic and post when i get it out and ya it sucks wish some one would just send me a billet crank and say good luck, but that isnt going to happen so ill go back with a stock crank and hope for the best.

I've got a used crank at the shop that checked out fine if you are looking for one? out of an 03

Back