Injectors sizes

Ive ran 190's,225's and even 250's. I will tell you the 190's from Cass on 2 different occassions are awsome and work great with a beans or VGT-ss. Even stock turbos work great with this combo

I run Cass exclusively, and sought him out for the race truck. His 190's are awesome for the street/strip daily driver.

Thanks

Thanks guys for all the good input.I'm going make this truck something fun for the street so 190s or 205s is what i'm going to go with.Thanks

funny you said something about low icp p2290. I get the same code with a aggressive tow tune from eric. but when I'm running the xtreme tunes I don't get the code? I'm on stock sticks and really need to figure that out before I step up to anything larger. It will literally fall on its face for 1/2 a second while cruising on the interstate at like say 1900 rpms and then I roll into it to switch lanes. Then just come right back strong like nothing happened. any ideas?

Excuse me for ebing injector retarded. I have an 06 and was lookign at 190's. Will you still be able to tow 12000 pounds with these. How high will your egts get. I have an 03 turbo already but dont want crazy high egt's, I cant currently get about 1400 egt if I try. If I floor it it goes up to 1400 stays there for a second then drops back down to 1250 and stays there. 190's would eb good for a daily driver that tows on the weekend correct? Thanks alot

Might want to regear to take some load off of the engine. Maybe some 4.30s with those 38s The 03 turbo won't do anything as far as dropping the EGTs just give you some whistle. You can pull some fuel out of them to get you back where you need to be.

If your gonna do injectors, and plan to tow, you need a turbo. I tow my 12000# boat all the time with a tow tune from Innovative, and it does just fine. But I have a beans turbo also, and 305's

I tow heavy all the time with 190's and a stock turbo EGT's are very manageable.

Thanks thats great to hear. I plan on getting 4.30's soon. I just been saving up so I can get truetracs at the same time. Just glad I can gte 190's and tow with a stock turbo. I am not trying to get to crazy with my daily driver. I still need it to be reliable.

probably not too far off with the 22.5's and a almost 38" tire..

i didnt say he didnt need gears..but 190's and a stock turbo you can still tow just fine.

what gears do you have in your dually. How much will 4.30 effect my mpg. I am about 1800 rpms at 75. I know they will help me around the city but I think they will hurt me on the highway. Should i get injectors or gears first. Which would make the biggest improvement. Thanks alot

Keep in mind that as you rev the motor you rev the high pressure oil pump. Higher injection pressures up to a certain limit net the higher mpg. Which is why 6.4L trucks get great mileage at 85mph. Seems stupid but it happens.

Your tires are 37.6 if I remember correctly. And he is rocking 38s which could measure above or below deppending on the rim its mounted on and the tread depth and whatever. 300rpm more makes it easier to keep that engine producing power towing that 12,000lbs.

so pretty much what you are saying is that gears with a stock turbo and 190's is a must..if he is running 38's on stock 3.73's..just to keep it in the 'powerband'

I can also remove the tune and run bone stock and tow all day long with my 190's EGT's never get over 1200

Nope. Saying at 20,000lbs gross 3.73s and 38s weren't made for each other. Why would you want to do that? A tow boss dually has 31.5s on it with 4.30 rear gears and is made to tow only 6600 lbs more than what he is towing.

All I keep hearing is I want back the power I lost when I lifted it and put 35-41 inch tires on 3.73s. If people would take their head out of their ass and look how the trucks are geared it would become a little more apparent.

Gears get the weight moving by mechanical advantage. But going past 4.30s combined with our low 1st and second gears compaired to a 4R100 will begin to hurt you in the bottom end performance wise because you now don't move as far forward per gear anymore.

that makes sence. So according to doug before I even think about putting injectors on my truck I am going to go with 4.30 gears. Doug stated that our first and second gear are low so dont run a lower gear than 4.30; makes sence to me.

Doug I have another question; if I were to ever lower my truck back down and run 33-35 inch tall tires would 4.30 need to be changed. Presently my truck is plenty fast for what I use it for. it tow really nice; It does not win any drag races but has plenty of power to tow easy. its just a little harder to get the load moving at a grade from a dead stop. Which is why I wanted to gears to begin with anyway. I am just saving up so I can get detroit true-tracs and gears at the same time. Thanks again

Back