Injectors to big

Dpope1298

So I found a set of 200 hp injectors. I've got a 98 12 valve with the stock charger. What is everybodys thoughts on running them. I know I'm going to run hotter but am I a fool for wanting to jump this big this early. I want big but is it to big?

Fool is an understatement....I was running 200's with a 66mm charger and it was still too much. Mine was a 98 12 valve also

Haha ya where was your pump set at can you hold how much fuel your injectors are getting with your pump? The guy that is going to put then in said that you could do that with the p pump.

Mine was set pretty conservatively and it was still a retarded amount of fuel, 200's on a stock turbo is a bad bad bad idea. You can push the stock turbo WAY out of its map with stock injectors

Well ****ty I really want to do injectors these are a dam good deal with what all has been done to them but maybe I should just play it safe hu what size would you recommend an what is the best company to go through

I had 7x14's for a while and they were WAY to big. With the plate all the way back I would still smoke out intersections and get really toasty with the HX35.....now I have 5x14's with a 63.5/71/14 and it's just right.

Why would you put huge injectors in with a stock turbo?

i have 5x12 new era sticks, #100 plate slid just a little, stock turbo with seized gate, 3000gsk, stock timing and i can hit 1400* and 40#+ boost on some hills towing my 10000# 5er or just getting on it empty.. i want to remove my plate or atleast slide it and add timing but with the stock charger i think this is the limit.. IMO dont go bigger than 5x12s with a stock charger

Are you towing? If not, run them. I ran 5x14's on the stock charger for a while on my truck. It was a fun combo. It wasn't a high HP setup, but had a ton of torque. I say this if you have the intention of going to larger turbo(s) in the future. If you are going to be stuck with the stocker for a long time, I'd go with a smaller set. But if its interim, rock it.

you's a fool

spare the cash for a better setup... you're going to hate life trying to get it dialed in with a stock charger

Im running 5x.014's on a stock charger because my stock one took a crap at 295k and I have every intention of getting a charger so I decided to buy once instead of several times in the future.

Its a combo thats doable by all means. The heavest I have towed was a 20ft bumper pull with a rclb 2500 from Indy to Hillsboro Il and it did great honestly. Temps stayed reasonable and ran good.

Last edited:
Im running 5x.014's on a stock charger because my stock one took a crap at 295k and I have every intention of getting a charger so I decided to buy once instead of several times in the future.

Its a combo thats doable by all means. The heavest I have towed was a 20ft bumper pull with a rclb 2500 from Indy to Hillsboro Il and it did great honestly. Temps stayed reasonable and ran good.

setup dependent... 5x14's on a stock charger for me would peg my 1600deg pyro immediately

setup dependent... 5x14's on a stock charger for me would peg my 1600deg pyro immediately

If you are WOT, sure. But thats the nice thing about having a pedal to adjust throttle position. Unless you're bagging on it, or have really bad quality injectors/other injection issues, temps in normal driving condition won't vary that much from stock injectors.

Stock injectors do this on my 1800deg pyro... Even with a Silverbullet 66.

The only setup that seems to able to keep egt's under control at WOT is twins.