Injectors

Well the pissing matches were started well before this one and we try to keep them off the othere forum to. The start of a lot of it came from lukesdiesel saying he got banned for asking who made them on CF.

I have a question that pertains to the subject at hand..... Does F1 and DDP make their own injectors? Have someone EDM the tips for them, they set their pop pressures, and lift spec's ? What makes F1 and DDP so special when it comes to injectors ? I realize you get what you pay for and theres only certain shops that EDM them and others that build them.

Enlighten me a little please!

Thanks

I see your still here. Why don't you try and answer the question or at least take your own advise and take your comments to the appropriate forum.

zstroken said:
More than likely probably sends them to an EDM shop, pretty much what everybody is doing. There are only a few places that actually make the injectors.

Very true because its not cheap to get all the tooling and all to make the bodies or the tips. If they have a contract with a company doing it already it's easier to branch off a little and some side work to say:Cheer: I know of two companies that are making parts for a certain fleet but have used the same tooling for the aftermarket sales. But we still are *bdh* here just my 0.02

12vdzl said:
I have a question that pertains to the subject at hand..... Does F1 and DDP make their own injectors? Have someone EDM the tips for them, they set their pop pressures, and lift spec's ? What makes F1 and DDP so special when it comes to injectors ? I realize you get what you pay for and theres only certain shops that EDM them and others that build them.

Enlighten me a little please!

Thanks

Do F1 and DDP make thier own injectors????????? Entire injectors??????

Please clarify.

zstroken said:
More than likely probably sends them to an EDM shop, pretty much what everybody is doing. There are only a few places that actually make the injectors.

Enlighten us a little please, or at least me. DDP and F1 have already made their name and that won't change. For someone with very limited funds but still expects the best, how is F1, DDP, and your average Joe (maybe FBD) different than everyone else.

Timbeaux38 said:
Do F1 and DDP make thier own injectors????????? Entire injectors??????

Please clarify.

Your guess is as good as mine. I posted for clarity on the subject, and have yet found anything that pertains to question at hand.

thanks

12vdzl said:
Your guess is as good as mine. I posted for clarity on the subject, and have yet found anything that pertains to question at hand.

thanks

Then why don't you call them and ask this same question and see what they tell you.

HOLYSMOKES said:
Actually you were banned because you were warned 4X about spamming and didnt get it.

No.... I got banned because I questioned your "Golden Boy" and he didn't like it....

*bdh*

partsguy662 said:
Oh, I'd say since about 2 weeks ago or so.

Tell me what i'm missing here ? I used to be i-6dzl, but i'm changing screen names on every forum to 12vdzl. Is there a problem ?

pro99 said:
Then why don't you call them and ask this same question and see what they tell you.

They'd tell me to fly a kite, pretty much what you just did. Is it such a problem that people know the differences between the In-expensive injectors and the more-expensive injectors ????

12vdzl said:
Tell me what i'm missing here ? I used to be i-6dzl, but i'm changing screen names on every forum to 12vdzl. Is there a problem ?

Yeah, it is kinda against the rules to have multiple screennames. Shall I delete the other one? Next time you wanna change, just ask.

Timbeaux38 said:
Yeah, it is kinda against the rules to have multiple screennames. Shall I delete the other one? Next time you wanna change, just ask.

Sorry i thought the other was already taken care of. The username wouldn't work from day 1.

Please delete the other name, as you can see i have not posted under that S/N.

Thank you sir.

Curtis

No Problem.

I'm gonna try and answer your question about he difference between inexpensive injectors in a supply-demand scenario.

Injectors that generally command a higher price in the marketplace, as with most products, generally have said price because of demand. Not to say that less-expensive injectors are inferior, but those that have higher prices are more well-known (brand recognition) and have proven themselves in many different vehicles/applications. You know as well as I do that there are very few places that actually "do" injectors. Could I call one of these places and start private labeling injectors? Possibly, but my injectors, being unproven would not command the same price as those that have been around. This is also commonly referred to as supply and demand. Simply put, the demand on "brand x" injectors will dictate the price. Higher demand will push prices up and lower demand will result in the opposite.

One of the factors that can have an effect on demand other than performance of the injectors can be advertising(marketing.) Name recognition plays a major role in the choices made by consumers. While a lesser-known product may be on the same playing field as a more well known product, without proper marketing, the market will not show the same value because of the lack of popularity among consumers.

Back