injectors

fairmont

how many people are runing the marine 370 in a 12 v i was told the spray pattern was diff. so will they work

They are a decent injector if your on a budget. The negative effects are they run a lil hotter and smoke more than a injector of the same size that has the correct pattern.

if you had a stock truck 16 timing and 4 k springs stock injectors or the 370 for free

They will work. But you could make more power, less smoke with a beter set from a reputable place. Trade them in for a good set.

I've always said they are worth the money. IF you pick up a used set cheap. I wouldn't pay what a new set goes for. But they can be had for $150ish if you watch the classifieds. And they are worth that, especially if you are on a budget.

435s are better injectors, but he's got a stock turbo, and free 370s, so 435s would be a good jump in price. And to much fuel...

370s are a good injector if your on a tight budget. Ive made 560 with them, ran 11.23@124mph in another truck and have seen 762hp with them in a friends truck. They are not a bad injector but there are others that are better for sure.

i got sum 370 i run and had the psi sit up to 300 bars and that helped alot on the smoke n tell u really put ur foot n it

i put the 370 in. The truck ran good but the egt got up real fast had 100 plate in it set half way put stock plate in al the way forward just dont feel as strong any ideas be helpful

first of all, take a second, and fill in your signature, that will help us help you with questions about your truck. how hot are your egts? even though they are hot, as long as you don't see extended periods over 1250deg.F pre turbo on the pryo, you are fine. there is nothing wrong with seeing hot temps for short excursions, like say 15sec. or so. most guys see at least 1500F all the time, my truck see's at least 1500 deg. because that's where the gauge stops, not sure what it get's up to. now the longest time that my truck has ever seen that temp is the time it takes to run the 1/4 mile, that is under 14 secs. it may see that temp numerous times a day, it only becomes a problem when you allow that high temp to soak into the aluminum pistons. aluminum melts at around 1220def. F. when you are towing something. that when you really need to be concerned about egt's. put the 100 plate back in, and be smart about your engine temps, and exhuast temps. have you opend up the ehxaust, and intake yet? start with the basics, and go from there.

Wes

ok like i said, not going to hurt anything in short excursions to that temp. or beyond. 10 sec. is actually pretty good for it to take that temp. to get there, mine will get there in about 5 sec. from a dead stop to WOT. do you do any towing with your truck, or live at a high altitude? do you have a stock turbo? if so a larger turbine housing will help with the temps, such as a 14 wastegated, or a non wastegated 16cm housing. your exhaust temps will be down about max. 250 deg. on the top end, and you boost will be lower, by about 4psi with a 16cm2 non wastegated housing. do you have anything done to your auto tranny to hold more power? if not it won't be liking life at all. one more thing, ditch the K&N filter, they do not filter well, take your intake pipe off, and run your finger inside of it, and you will be suprised to see the amount of dust that is on the inside of the pipe. i know the better air filter systems such as the AFE kits are more expensive, but you get what you pay for. i had the K&N FIPK system on my truck when i first got it, i put the AFE stage 2 kit on, i gained power, lowered exhaust temps a little bit, but the biggest improvement for me was it made the turbo that i had at the time surge alot less than it did. not sure excatly why it did, heck i even put the K&N kit back on, and the surge was back. soo i am very happy with the AFE stage 2 kit, with the mega cannon race filter. will flow in excess of 1000CFM. just some food for thought.

Wes

i do some towing hardly ever over 7500 lbs till has the stock turbo and trans i wil look into the air flter deal

Just pulled out the Marine 370's. Getting Dragon Flows this week.

But yes definately good power for the price. But also run warm so watch your gauges.

well i dont run a fuel plate or afc houseing but i do got a lil biger turbo and gages i just drive mine with my foot and i do tow with it