Innovative Race FICM installed

Dalpilot

Joe Nobody!
All I can say is Damn! Even with my injector problem, the low end is just crazy. I didn't expect what I got. I pulled out of the neighborhood like I always do, and laid on it, and it lit the charger immediately, and jumped sideways. Its a HUGE difference. I don't know how, but it makes the bottom end feel like a gasser. I am 100% impressed. If your looking for a big change, this is the mod for you. Its like I have a new truck.

I fixed the injector yesterday Dex. The number 6 was only buzzing about 20% of the time. I swapped out the spool valve, and put it all back together. Its definitely better, but it is not gone. I rant he codes and its showing p2623, p2285, and p2287, all ICP related. I am taking it to a new dealership today. I want a new wiring harness, ICP, and oh yeah found out yesterday my Y pipe is cracked. That is probably why my Boost is lower than when it was on Richards truck, and always smokes.

dang that sucks! Time to make ya some new uppipes and y pipes while you are down there... :)

Just took it for a little 50 mile round trip, and damn is it fun. It seems to smoke a lot less till you get in it, then it lays a fog. The throttle response is wicked. Its going to a new shop next week to fix it or burn it. LOL I am wanting to get it running correctly so I can hit the track. I want to do a before FICM and After FICM run. It takes me about 20 minutes to swap the FICM. The only negative, it DOES NOT like being cold. It romps like its got 1500 HP......(I wish)! Once its warm though, look the hell out, and that's with it not running right.

And what did we figure the cost was on this?

Did anyone ever decide if it was going to benefit stock injector/turbo truck at all?

Also, being that you got the race tune it may not be applicable, but when you are done beating the hell out of it, think you will see mileage improvement like the initial thoughts were?

I am going to watch this one closely!

I think it will be a considerable amount of fuel savings. It runs considerably cooler EGT wise at cruise, about 250 degrees than without it, so that would tell me its running less fuel. Now take into consideration that I am still pretty screwed up ICP wise. I will be driving it around quite a bit right after it gets fixed with the new FICM installed, so I will let everyone know. I drive it pretty sane so it should be a pretty good indicator. Call Innovative for pricing.

I'll be watching as well. I'm all for a deeper bottom end.

wait that didn't come out right...

I've heard of the race FICM adding whole truck lengths in a side by side race. It's been proven, and this is only another post in it's favor! I'll be running it on my truck when I talk to Eric again.
Glad to see another satisfied user!

Just curious how much this costs roughly? Also, how long is the turnaround time cuz you have to send them your current FICM correct?...

I think there was a discussion before, but the race tune would really only be good for those with injectors and upgraded turbos correct? Or, does it only enhance those even more?

I REALLY want this! That has been my ONLY gripe about the 6.0, sometimes it has a tough time getting out of its own way...

I thought the race was for larger injectors.... what injectors do you have?

I think they send you one thats tuned and you send your stocker back. Not for sure though... I do know that I want one!

haha, i had before you!!!!!!!!!!! i love the race ficm, i'm glad another person was able to give the same feed back i was tryin to give, the ability to lite turbos is awesome

Bite me ya Canuck! LOL

You were 100% correct. the turbo is like night and day. I even have a hole in my y pipe, and its still a huge difference.

Couple of questions that I have seen others ask but not seeing any responses anywhere...

Is there a downside to the mod? Does this on a stock truck have the potential to hurt the stock engine?

Does it compliment tuners or is there partial overlap in gains?

What is the story on turnaround? Send your FICM in and wait or get one tuned and elect to send or not send a core back? I for one would like to keep mine in case of some gremlin and have something to throw back in as my truck is a daily driver.

I was lookin at them on some Diesel site, and it was 125ish or something like that.. I'm kinda wonderin if its worth the money to get one for my '06

Back