Innovative Race FICM installed

If you watch EBAY you can get lucky. I got one off the boards cheaper than the quotes I see flying here.

Find someone doing a Cummins swap. I got one for a very good price from some jackass over at GoGo..

j/k Don

I believe mine plug into the wireharness that went from the PCM to the FICM

So like I said......Maybe Dennis will pipe in since he designed it

So does the edge and the banks modules. Would you like Gale to tell you how he remapped the ficm as well. If you plug a wire into a computer it doesn't mean you altered the file inside.

Anybody else notice that Doug is becoming more of a smart ass each day? LOL

Same Doug, he's just been around more often LOL
hatedoug.gif

What about the guy with a stock truck, no SCT. If you max out the FICM, can you get as much as FICM plus SCT? Can the FICM manage the trans? If yes, I would think you could do it all with the FICM. But I am guessing the FICM may not be able to access all variables and you need the SCT to get the rest. True?

Slow down Ralph. Ficm just fires the injectors. Its not a TCM. Its not a PCM.

There were a pair Of New (One was a Possible Reman) FICM's on Ebay last night, Both were around $500 Buy it Now..

Be careful buying them guys, they are very sensitive to shock, and impacts, so it would suck to get one off of say ebay, and it not be worth a chit.

Anyone see my message that Eric can supply a core for you at a charge? The price was very reasonable...

Thanks.....Can someone get dennis to help us

Mr Doug is claiming intelligence again:umno:

Not claiming. Just doing what I always do. Explaining to you how it works and you still not listening.

Thanks Doug (I am listening)....so, what exactly is the difference between what the SCT can do to the injector firing process vs. FICM? Can the FICM fire it twice during one combustion cycle (I think I heard some other companies doing this to improve performance)? Please explain a little more, I am still not clear on how the two (FICM and SCT) differ in terms of what they can do to the injector. Thanks.

The powertrain control module (PCM) commands the fuel quantity. The fuel injector control module (FICM) controls the duration of the injection event and is shown as parameter identification (PID) FUELPW on the scan tool.

The PCM controls the injection pressure and fuel volume by varying the injection oil pressure with the injection pressure regulator (IPR). The command to the IPR is a 12-volt, pulse width modulated (PWM) signal controlled on the ground side.

The injection oil pressure command is shown as PID IPR which is the percentage ON of the PWM signal. The injection oil pressure is shown as PID ICP.

The PCM uses camshaft position (CMP) and crankshaft position (CKP) input signals to calculate the engine speed and position. The PCM conditions both input signals and supplies the FICM with the CMP and CKP output signals. The FICM uses the CMP and CKP output signals to determine the correct sequence for injector firing. The PCM sends information about the fuel demand, engine oil temperature (EOT), and injection control pressure (ICP) through the CAN to the FICM. The FICM uses this information to calculate the injection cycle.

The only role of the ficm:

The FICM requires a 12-volt power source. The FICM receives power from the vehicle batteries through the FICM relay contacts each time the key is turned to the ON position. As the key is turned to the ON position, the FICM provides an internal ground to the coil side of the FICM relay. This closes the relay contacts and provides the FICM with the necessary power. The PCM communicates with the FICM using the CAN protocol. The CAN protocol is an international standards organization (ISO) standard for serial data communication. The CAN protocol standard includes a physical layer using differential transmission on a twisted pair of wires and a data link layer that defines different message types, arbitration rules for bus access, methods for concern detection and concern confinement. The FICM receives information from the PCM, including the volume of fuel desired, RPM, engine oil temperature, injection control pressure, and others. The FICM uses those signals to calculate fuel injection and duration. After calculating injector fuel delivery time, the FICM sends 48 volts at a 20-amp pulse to the correct injector so that the correct amount of fuel is delivered to the cylinder at the correct time.

Back