Input Electronic Exhaust

mattmike0405

Would like to input of advantages and disadvantages on an Electronic Exhaust Cut out for my 08 2500HD?

Well if you put the cutout before the Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) you can flip an switch and bypass all that emissions stuff that robs power in the exhaust, and it is completely free flowing.

are you talking about an exhaust brake? what are you trying to accomplish?

Like the exhaust cut outs made for gassers? I believe that's what he's getting at.

What are you looking to gain from it? I imagine the truck would go into some sort of limp mode because it wouldn't see the exhaust flowing past the sensors in the DPF, I might be way off base though.

Can't be easily done on DPF equiped trucks. I guess you could add a switch for he cut outs and then have a DSP switch with EFI tunes loaded in and just have a single race tune with all the DPF codes turned off. All in all it is a waste of time and money. Just get EFI Live and a DPF delete kit and you will be set.

Would seem like a workable plan though if he wanted to leave his emissions equip. on

GM made this too easy. Unbolt exhaust. Bolt older non-emission exhaust right on with very little issues. Kill DPF codes. If you go to a dealer, put exhaust back on.

Last I checked EFI Live only has one spot where you tell it to turn the DPF off except in the main tune. Its not in each separate tune for a DSP unless I don't have that update.