Install of Bypass. Motor now "howells" under load above 1800rpm

I've been able to go on a higher speed/consistent speed run at lunch.

It doesn't just howell on load, any RPM between 1700-ish to 2300. over 2300 I think it's just the motor either blocking it out, or it goes away. above and below those RPM's it sounds normal.

it kinda sounds like I have an exhaust leak at times too. weird, like there's motor exhaust noise coming from the front.

I dunno, just this truck is getting louder and louder. Could it be the cold? it's 40 out this morning?

Even in parking lot you can hear the noise. not as much but you can hear it in that RPM range.

I'll remove it when I get home from work on the way to a buddies. I may pick up the cheap-o gauge and the plumbing as well to get it hooked up tonight as well)

SOLVED: but not fixed yet.

That howell I'm hearing is the oil pump. It's resonating though the oil lines

I just called amsoil and explained everything. I need to insulate the lines and some sort of rubber on the firewall between the housing and firewall. 05mxdiesel your assumption is correct, similar to the FASS. I might even do that to my air dog as well. as it's getting colder, it's getting a little louder.

Ohhh and an oil pressure gauges goes as close to the filter housing as possible.

As far as a fix. We'll see about that this weekend.