Installed headstuds, won't start.

hwystar

I just finished installing headstuds in my '03 6.0l and it won't start, I've been trying for 3 days.I have fuel in the filter housing, I believe I have low oil pressure "the dash gauge goes up" the only thing I did besides headstuds was put a fuel crossover line on it and a some o-rings on the crank position sensor and the cam position sensor. I checked for DTCs with my SCT and got a P0015 which is described as " exhaust cam position sensor timing over retarded " I'm not really sure if it's new because I never checked for codes before I took it apart, any help/advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

its not the headstuds, it has to be something that you forgot to plug back in or something. Did you completely pull the heads off and such?

X2 on the something being unplugged or similar...

Also, tends to take lots of crankin after injectors have been out and all rails drained.

yeah definitly sounds like something was left un plugged or it could be a coincidence, on the back of the engine you have your ipr and icp sensors. the ipr sticks out towards the back of the engine and the icp is straight out facing driver side. i have replaced alot of the icp sensor because the sensor blow apart in the inside and allows oil to enter the connector and soaking the wiring. which sometimes will allow it not to start you would have to replace the icp sensor and cut the three wires solder a new connector on. I know it might sound weird that it was running fine before but since it was disturbed it might not function right.

How much actual cranking have you done? It's nothing to run down a set of brand new batteries purging the HP oil system. 5-7 minutes of cranking is possible.

anytime you remove any high pressure oil system component and air gets in the system you can turn the engine over for 20 seconds at a time with a 5 mins in between trys. your not gonna hurt the starter by doin that and also it helps to have a battery charger on while cranking, if your batteries drop below 10.5 volts while cranking its never gonna start. it needs at least 11 volts.

Hey, Everybody Thanks for your responses. I checked all connections and did a lot of cranking, I have 2 extra batteries and 3 chargers and a fan on the starter, still no start. Does anyone know how to check for leaks in the high pressure system?

For the record, these trucks start better when both ends of the high pressure line from "stand pipe to oil rail" are connected. Thanks to everyone for your input.

For the record, these trucks start better when both ends of the high pressure line from "stand pipe to oil rail" are connected. Thanks to everyone for your input.

Yea...that helps. LOL

Glad you got it fired.

where do i check both ends or how... i have the same issue...????

Did you just get done doing studs or being under the valve cover?

It's the steel braided line under the valve cover that goes from the oil manifold over the the stand pipe down through the head.