installed new airdog and got some weird results.

2000_fummins

jack of all master of few
Ok I'm getting efi live so it was time to upgrade the lift pump. Simple enough, I've done 3 or 4 know. I have edge for tunning right know with there heads up monitor, cold air intake, an 5in exhaust. Rest is stock besides the firepunk trans.

The truck seems to get a ton more fuel know, witch I don't like. To much black smoke. I thought maybe it was the tunning at first but I tried to do a burn out and it just wouldn't do it, almost like I had no boost even though the monitor says i got boost.

Truck also wants to push threw the breaks "brand new breaks". On a flat surface it will do like 5mph with out hitting the gas.

Only tried to do a burn out for test purposes, really wasn't trying to mess around. Only thing I did was install the lift pump. Anyone got any ideas??

What are the rail pressure reading during idle and idle in drive, accelerating?

I'll find out tomorrow! Could you elaborate a little why I possibly have the lack of power on bottom end and it trying to push threw the breaks an what rail pressure might have to do with it.

Truck ran great prior to lift pump install.

Seriously thank you for any input

I'll find out tomorrow! Could you elaborate a little why I possibly have the lack of power on bottom end and it trying to push threw the breaks an what rail pressure might have to do with it.

Truck ran great prior to lift pump install.

Seriously thank you for any input

The pushing through the brakes feeling says to me that the engine is getting too much fuel when it shouldn't be, this could be a cause of excess or too little rail pressure and the ECM commanding a improper duration amount, or the ECM may be unable to regulate fuel pressure and a overfuel would result. After reading pressures pull the airdog fuse and read pressures again, truck should run without a lift pump, at least for a little bit. You may have already had a weak FCA and now with the additional pressure being supplied to the injection pump it can no longer control rail pressure.

Last edited:
The pushing through the brakes feeling says to me that the engine is getting too much fuel when it shouldn't be, this could be a cause of excess or too little rail pressure and the ECM commanding a improper duration amount, or the ECM may be unable to regulate fuel pressure and a overfuel would result. After reading pressures pull the airdog fuse and read pressures again, truck should run without a lift pump, at least for a little bit. You may have already had a weak FCA and now with the additional pressure being supplied to the injection pump it can no longer control rail pressure.

I know this is pretty broad question since I don't know the pressures at the moment but what would remedy this? Guy above said maybe the fpr. If the fca is bad would it be smart to go with the industrial bag of parts?

I forgot to mention that truck would throw a fuel delivery code a few weeks ago an have lack of power on top end. Changed fuel filter and code and lack of power went away.

Truck currently has no codes with said issues above.

Seriously guys thanks just trying to get the truck perfect.

Last edited:
Yes, FCA replacement on back of pump. Look over the wiring/connector to the FCA tomorrow too. No experience with the bag of parts but a lot of people install it.

Last edited:
Back