intake and intercooler pipes for my set up

smokjunky

Just the new guy
what does everyone do for a s300 borg with a 2nd gen mainfold.for the intake and intercooer pipe?

Build it !! Inter cooler just cut factory down a little and rotate it.
Intake 5 inch filter 5 inch alum 45 cut short. And 5 inch rubber 45.

The turbo has the 3g face on it so I'm pretty sure it's just a straight run.just need the bed weld on the end.
Thanks for the input

I am using a 5 inch air filter, 5 inch exhaust 45, and a 5 to 4 rubber reducer to attach to the turbo. Inter cooler pipe hasn't been modified yet. Been waiting on a steed manifold for 2 months.

Sent from my fancy thinking box

It's so much easier just to get the kit from Stainless IMHO.
Comes with downpipe/clamp, intercooler pipe/boot/clamp, cold air intake setup, oil feed line, oil drain etc. This is the route i went on my truck

http://www.stainlessdiesel.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=52_50&product_id=93

C76189D3-D7C5-423D-A091-46E4960979FC_zpsy17blmfv.jpg

I am using a 5 inch air filter, 5 inch exhaust 45, and a 5 to 4 rubber reducer to attach to the turbo. Inter cooler pipe hasn't been modified yet. Been waiting on a steed manifold for 2 months.

Do u have a pic of the setup

what does everyone do for a s300 borg with a 2nd gen mainfold.for the intake and intercooer pipe?

Just how much of a difference does swapping manifolds make with the exhaust tone? Always wondered but have never heard one person.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Just how much of a difference does swapping manifolds make with the exhaust tone? Always wondered but have never heard one person.

I've never heard one in public either.when my truck cranks I'll tell u I've heard it it a little louder.the reason I did it was for little better flow.

Did you go with a stock manifold or aftermarket?

Just finished mine.
gyhy8a2y.jpg

This was mine. The Stainless kit is nice but pricey. I had less than $325 in the intake and downpipe. Cut the stock innercooler pipe.

yby7y8y4.jpg

y3e7ymy6.jpg

Sent from my XT1080

Not a huge fan of all the chrome but it does look sharp in your engine bay.

Back