Intake manifold choices?

dodge.01grizzly

Making an intake manifold for my truck. Dropping from 2.6 to 2.5. Rules state no runner intakes (ex. ZZ fab customs etc.) It obviously means no individual runner intakes (intake per cylinder connecting long runner tube to individual intake ports) but am I allowed to build a regular shelf style manifold with the long tube attached? Main reason I want to do this is because of the intercooler piping that I have that works with the existing intake I have. Just wanting some opinions, and do you think it would flow better using that or just redo my piping and make it enter from the top(like stock) or from the side behind the pump? Thanks

Thanks for the info, but I would like to stick to making my own due to the bolt pattern my head already has.

Thanks for the info, but I would like to stick to making my own due to the bolt pattern my head already has.

Bolt pattern? Then have a flange made with your current bolt pattern made and fab it up the same as the zz. Joker Fabrication or D&J can get you set up with what you'd need.

Thanks guys, appreciate all the info. Was basically asking if the large plenum style tube was allowed in 2.5 (as long as each individual intake port didn't have a tube going to it) or does it need to be somewhat stock looking?

Sounds like some stupid rules. Doesn't make sense to allow the shelf to be taken off but can't run a runner manifold.

Sounds like some stupid rules. Doesn't make sense to allow the shelf to be taken off but can't run a runner manifold.

It is but man reason to let people cut them off so then can port and polish the head.

Its allowed for the rules around here to make a shelf style intake

Jeff is a shelf allowed in SW 2.5 class or what class around here are you alluding to????

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

Jeff is a shelf allowed in SW 2.5 class or what class around here are you alluding to????

SW it was said at the meeting and was said these are the same for Midwest rules

So does anybody have a good answer to what I'm wondering? As long as there isn't an individual runner intake for the intake ports, il be ok?

So, if you have a tall shelf intake with extended runners INSIDE of it, is that illegal too?

Well, I guess I didn't hear that. That changes some things.

chris both 2.5 classes are allowing that. i pushed for it. because everyone knows how i feel about duramax heads and their options. simple level the playing field.

So does anybody have a good answer to what I'm wondering? As long as there isn't an individual runner intake for the intake ports, il be ok?

Who will you be pulling with?

Itpa and B.O.B. They both obviously allow the shelf cut off and a shelf manifold be made because all it says is no individual runner intake manifolds.

just template it and off to d&j or whomever u choose. idk if adam lutgring would consider making one.

Also wandering what your guys' thoughts are on intercooler piping. Going have to make some pipes, using a Spearco intercooler with 3" ends on it. Do you all think there is any advantage making the piping bigger than 3". I was thinking about going with 3.5" but didn't really know if it would help any since the intercooler inlet and outlet ends are only 3".

Back