intercooler setup?

Chevycummins

Bad case of Tinkeritis!
wondering what everyone has or has known to be done to get an intercooler to fit in a 1988-98 chevy. i have a 1994 i did a conversion to and looking to put an intercooler in it. looking for ideas where to look for an intercooler to fit nice and neat.

mike:Cheer:

i will be installing 01-05 duramax intercooler in my 83. it should fit pretty well with some trimming to the core support. i don't know why it won't fit in yours too.

Im going to try a 2nd gen radiator and 2nd gen intercooler, as soon as I find an intercooler, there not as easy to come buy for a decent price.

I've also heard from NYCEGUY on here, that the all aluminum 7.3 powerstroke, works pretty good when paired up with a all aluminum radiator from summit.

The 2nd is probably the cheapest and easiest route to go from what I hear. I may go that way to depending on what intercooler I find for sale first, within the price I want to pay. You may even be able to PM him for a PN# he is a really good helpful guy.

alright thanks for the info ill look into that druamax one didnt think about that let me know how it works. and havent heard about that powerstroke one ill have to take a look into it too thanks for the insight.

i will be installing 01-05 duramax intercooler in my 83. it should fit pretty well with some trimming to the core support. i don't know why it won't fit in yours too.

Im going to try a 2nd gen radiator and 2nd gen intercooler, as soon as I find an intercooler, there not as easy to come buy for a decent price.

I've also heard from NYCEGUY on here, that the all aluminum 7.3 powerstroke, works pretty good when paired up with a all aluminum radiator from summit.

The 2nd is probably the cheapest and easiest route to go from what I hear. I may go that way to depending on what intercooler I find for sale first, within the price I want to pay. You may even be able to PM him for a PN# he is a really good helpful guy.

Theres a guy that did the duramax intercooler on the DP, he is a friend of nyceguy's too, that intercooler fits right around the stock 6.5 rad, but the problem with it is, it is too wide, and requires you to really clearence the headlights and I beleive turn signals too. Which is unfortunate because they can be had for cheap. The 2nd gen cummins also requires clearencing the turn signals some.

Theres a guy that did the duramax intercooler on the DP, he is a friend of nyceguy's too, that intercooler fits right around the stock 6.5 rad, but the problem with it is, it is too wide, and requires you to really clearence the headlights and I beleive turn signals too. Which is unfortunate because they can be had for cheap. The 2nd gen cummins also requires clearencing the turn signals some.

yeah i know i just found an 05 duramax for under a 100 bucks i was thinking maybe a radiator shop or something could narrow it or modify it some for me or something for a decient price