Intercooler Upgrade S400

92OLBLUE

Catywampus
Does anyone here know of a upgrade from a stock intercooler to something bigger and better? I have heard of powerstroke intercooloers being put in but do they make a big difference? Im running a bigger S400 and think I might be having problems gettin all the air I need through it. :thankyou2:

For the $$$ the powerstroke intercooler is the best 1st gen intercooler IMHO.
You can also look at a banks, spearco, etc. for a powerstroke, but I don't know that you will have enough room to fit it in? Might be too thick to fit?

Okay thanks I thought bout going with a spearco for a powerstroke and then jus put it in or have spearco make a custom one but that might be alot o $$$.

The powerstroke intercooler is a pretty nice piece from the factory. It doesn't neck down at the tanks like a 2nd get dodge one does.

Does he have a website or do you have a number for him? Does it fit decent in the truck? Any idea on price? Thanks for the info

okay thanks JBradley500 ikk give Hellmann a shout and see what i can come up with.. Ill get right on the pics when im done with it lol

If im not mistaking didnt some of the powerstroke intercoolers have the plastic sides on one end and some intercoolers were fully metal. I know thats not really technical but i've read that before. I would make sure it wasn't one of these plastic ones.

spearco makes stock replacement intercoolers.... no preformance upgrade over a factory peice