Intermittent hard start

JDowning09

Just picked up another 24v, and every now and then it has trouble starting right away. Sometimes its fire right up, sometimes itll crank for 10 seconds, turn key off, try again and fire right away. Also noticed that sometimes the "Wait to Start" wont come on. If i cycle key until it comes on itll fire every time. Its almost like it doesnt always get the signal to start fueling. Has anyone else had this issue? Not sure if its simply a relay, or a sensor, or something in my ignition switch. Any help appreciated.

Any way around it? Like hard wiring a switch somehow? Or have to replace ECM?

I thought about just living with it, but my only worry is that one day it will completely quit and leave me stranded..

Thats the plan eventually lol Was goin to ppump the 01 and ran into complications with parts and the pump i had and $$ so put it back to vp for now, thinkin bout makin the 98 the puller and the 01 the driver tho for the cab...hell who knows, can never make up my mind!

My POS is doing the same thing. I am just going to replace the ECM if I can find one for a descent price.

You can usually find them here or on CF for 2-300, it's jus the luck of findin the one for your year/trans, but they come up pretty often