intermittent power loss (for 5 minutes)

Lucky Jeff

Stock Sucks
I've got a friend that's having problems with his motorhome. Driving down the freeway it will lose all power and come down to a crawl. Boost goes to zero and billows black smoke. Let it idle for 4 or 5 minutes and it clears up and takes off just fine again. Wastegate isn't the issue now that it's plugged. Anyone ever see a ppump do something like this?*both filters have been changed a couple of times. Doesn't look like it has the screen/heater setup.

How long ago was his filter changed? I have filled up on bad fuel before, and could watch my fuel pressure change erratically. Sure would be nice to know what what the trucks fuel pressure is at when its acting up.

It could be a screen in the tank, but I hope not! It's huge and it's filled to the top. Trying to exhaust all other options first before dropping the tank.

Fuel filters were replaced twice in less then 200 miles. Cut in half on all of them and they all looked good.

Motorhome runs great and smacks the needle on his 30 psi gauge after I plugged the wastegate to make sure it wasn't the issue.

check the OFV to make sure it isnt sticking open and loosing fuel pressure

Is there a way to test the OFV or should it just be replaced and hope it works?

If it comes apart take it apart and see if the spring is broke.

Genoa garage lists the overflow valve for 25 bucks. Called Cummins, they said it is $260. WTF???