ip leaking

cumminspwr11

i have a truck my uncle wants me to work on, its leaking fuel from the IP between the top half and bottom half, i saw a thread somewhere with all the seals but i was under the impression that if you resealed the pump it had to be put on a pump stand and tested and stuff??? can any shed some light on this for me, i mainly work on vp44s and 7100s havent messed with these trucks that much

If you are just replacing that seal, I wouldn't see the need to test it. Look for the governor spring install, it will walk you through pulling and reinstalling the top. The governor spring would be a worthwile addition, if you are in there anyways.

it just a customers truck and idk if he is looking for anymore power or if he already has some stuff done, any ideas on that seal? there is a local cummins dealer here is was going to call but are there any other place that carry them?

You can get the complete Bosch kit off the bay. PN is DGK121, they are relatively cheap, and the VE pump is pretty easy to work on.