Is a 1 peice rear driveshaft not streetab?le

Good information. Thanks for the information! I have also seen class 8 carriers destroyed by a dmax. Hope to be able to go one piece after some calculations

That may have something to do with no class 8 carriers being a captive center bearing and a Dmax having 2 slip yokes. Not only that, class 8 is HUGE comparatively and would be over kill even for a 3.0 truck. Class 8 would be 1810 series with 2 inch bearing ID.

That may have something to do with no class 8 carriers being a captive center bearing and a Dmax having 2 slip yokes. Not only that, class 8 is HUGE comparatively and would be over kill even for a 3.0 truck. Class 8 would be 1810 series with 2 inch bearing ID.

It would not be my choice to go that way. But how many people have had 2 piece shafts last? And what joints were used.

I can remember exact length as i have changed trans since. Lol never said it was safe for it but that was my experience on it. I am thinking it was around 72" though.

Our driveline guy wont build a 1 piece for our CC LB 05 Chev so we are gonna go with a 2 piece from him with 1480 joints. Should be ready in a month or so we can report back!

I have a two piece for my 01 24v with 1480's and a 1550 for the rear! The carrier measures one inch and nine sixtenth's,(I think). Its been awhile seens i measured it. I was thinking it would been a inch and three eights when i went to meet the guy, but it was bigger.

I havent got to us it yet but the guy i bought it from said it had been threw 2 pulling truck! Didnt say what class they where running though!

How about getting a one piece made, and then just swapping it out before you hook to the sled, and swapping back when your done. It's a little work but it beats the hell out of warping an expensive single shaft on the highway, or destroying the center joint, yokes, carrier, fuel tank, etc. on the track.

Just a thought.

Back