Is anyone getting into the 20s for MPG ???

mothership

anyone breaking the 20s i would llike to know what kind of set up people are using thanks everyone

the little computer on the roof of my dodge says im getting like 26-28 but i think thats a little much :redx:
i average 16-18 on interstate but about 10-12 in town lov that smoke.

On the freeway I hit 20-20.5 ish. If I drive light on the peddle it does fairly well but around town I love the black smoke and I get 13-15mpg. I also have a 100gallon aug. tank in the back, I'm sure that doesn't help it any. The computer on the roof says 22ish but it doesn't account for bigger sticks and higher fuel flow from the Edge juice w/ attitude.

Not I LOL Best so far has been 18.

We need to get jponder in on this thread, he has gotten 30 out of his truck.

Billysgoat said:
Not I LOL Best so far has been 18.

We need to get jponder in on this thread, he has gotten 30 out of his truck.

@ 5mph on the freeway downhill with a tailwind :hehe:

I've hit 27.325 in mine, but my average on the interstate at 80 has been 20.1 and running the 2 lane roads I've been getting around 22-24 at 65mph

George

I've heard legend about the 12 valve trucks hitting 30.... I'll believe it when I see it. To hit 30 you would probably have to draft a semi, going down hill, with a tail wind and a midget pushing you.

In my 01 cummins i was doing between 22 and 24mpg with my edge set to 1, mbrp 5 inch, and afe stage 2. and slightly oversized tires on stock height truck. I miss that thing, my 7.3 is only getting 11 to 13 mpg, the 16+ inchs of lift and 44" military tires dont help much though

Ponder used a throttle cable, 6th gear and a limit of 45mph to achieve his mileage goal, I know it happened, I watched him fill the tank. I can't drive that slow, but have slowed down for this tank of fuel to see what I can do, fuel is killing me right now.

30 in a 24v or a 12
my 12v at 65 i can get avg 23/24 at 67mph but my 24v 18.29 is best she got me yet @65

has anyone heard of getting into the 20s with mach 2s or something setup with those at all

I have heard of it, if I could slow down to 55-60mph and hold it there I know I could get it, but I just can't drive that slow :bang However, this last tank I dropped it from cruising at 75ish down to 68(ish) and picked up almost 2MPG :rockwoot:

I drove about 200 hwy miles last week to meet with a subcontractor with the truck in my sig and got just a smidge under 20mpg doing around 70-75 the whole way. Filled up this morning and got about 16.5mpg on the last tank.

-Greg

I have keep it at 65-70 (3.55 rear) and netted around 22-23.

On the other hand I have kept it at 85-90 and I get around 15-16.

Well i sure wish i could get half what my over head says. It will average around 30mpg. but when you go to put it on paper driving 75mph and better it gets about 15mpg. But if i can ever make my self drive under 65mph it will get over 21mpg. But it never even came close to this before the haisley cam. I bet i gained 2mph at least with it. Made a big difference and i didnt even want the cam for the milage. But hell who wants to complain.

BG> I'm sure I must have hit 55+ on some downhills but it was 388 miles per GPS and avg speed 44 mph so when i got on that 2 lane from tuscaloosa to Greenville i was definately hitting below 40 on some hills and i do think i got some tailwind. Wind got real strong close to greenville as God took over and pushed me in for the holy Grail! She took what 12.8 something gallons to fill it slap up, so that run was 30.2+MPG.

I'd geuss I could reproduce these numbers on a regular basis. mph is avg speed as I use throttle cable no cruise
44mph = 30.2mpg
60mph = 26 mpg
70 = 21 mpg

My record with the over the cab truck camper grossing 11K+ is 21.3mpg at 50 mph, lowest mileage ever was 14.6 with camper screaming at 70mph+

My truck has 4:10s and 33 inch tires mine gets 14.5-15 on the hwy and 9-10 in town. The best i ever got was 17.97 going to houston, good fuel, power service, and misting rain. Speed changes dont really help mine.:( :(