Is anyone running a 4l80 with a 5.9 on here?

newsmoke

I know that it can be done but, how realistic is it to run a 4l80 behind a 3-350 hp 5.9? I just bought a 5.9 24v minus vp, my plans are to put a non intercooled 've pump on it and put it in my 2000 chevy 3500hd service truck. I'm looking for the most cost efficient reliable setup for my project. Thank you guys, any experience is greatly appreciated

I know of one that has survived behind more power than you are looking for. I'm just not sure if the heavier weight of a service truck would be of issue. I'm not sure what is done to it. I just know it has a reverse manual valve body in it.

Where are you at in NY? This whole project will be practical.
Here is the plan

99 medium duty 24v with a 53 on the block!
Non intercooled VE pump
Maybe some rv 275 injectors
Hx35/52 or about that sized budget twins just to help move this trucks fat ass and hopefully run clean

I have a couple ideas for the transmission

Small build on the 4l80 that's in it
Small build 47Rh
Spicer 6+1 medium duty overdrive trans

Now I would love to do a manual swap, it's just time cutting the floor, making a driveshaft and hanging a clutch

I forgot about this thread. I am from Orleans County. I think I was looking at your old truck for sale last winter.

That's likely considering your location. Cody would have owned it then, I think

Did he end up selling it? It seemed pretty nice for the price, just wasn't what I was looking for. Yeah Cody was his name.

Back