Is anyone running efi live in their lb7s?

Oval Killer27

farmboy
i hav been askin around about what to get for my lb7 and ppl tell me efi live is the way to go. so i am jus wonderin if anyoone is running it an how they like it and what else u would recomend to make a good setup

i got it in mine.
efi live is like haveing a roll away tool box in tuneabilty. vs a hand held which comes with less than a 12 or so... genaricly mass produce safe tune. not all truck are the same.
roughly 60 days after buying efi live i needed a tranny
i like it alot it is some of the best money i spent, besides the tranny on my truck.
ppe is the leading canned tuners out there
there is a guy named tony that run canned tunes via efilive his shop is ridgerunner

with efi live not only do you control the engine but allso the tranny and dianostics, speedo and many others systems

www.elite-diesel.com located in colorado told me that with a stage 5 suncoast transmission and their tunes of efi live that i could easily stomp an LBZ with the same set-up but the down side is the transmission is $5000 and the tuning is $800 and i dont the money.
Tom

RedneckTom said:
www.elite-diesel.com located in colorado told me that with a stage 5 suncoast transmission and their tunes of efi live that i could easily stomp an LBZ with the same set-up but the down side is the transmission is $5000 and the tuning is $800 and i dont the money.
Tom
lb7 with a stock turbo #2 only........ not likely the lb7 turbo maxes about 475-500 i have a stage 4 suncoast installed for 4500.00 parts is 2900 for the SC4 kit

lbz is closer to 550 LBZ will need a trany upgrade as well to live under that power for an extended amount of time

well i figured i would need the tranny but what tuning u hav on yours cuz i figured a stock allison would handle a good bit of power cuz a tranny is expensive... but i guess i could tune it low til i got money

Efi is the best tuning tool for the Duramax there is. That being said you wont be a expert in 1 week !

I have some custom tuning from Kennedy Diesel. He is using EFI live. On my truck he was able to get 715 at the wheels. I have also used tuning from PPE and had sinilar results with a simple programmer.

Back