Is it death wobble?

sootfoot

IH Nut
Well guys, I have yet to ever witness the death wobble first hand. My truck is an 06 with a leveling kit and 285/17's. On the highway at certain speeds and it seems certain roads I get a vibration, just through the steering wheel. I think I may have a possible ball joint that may have some movement as well though. But its pretty bad a times, almost like it needs a balance. Guess I may be slightly paranoid. What exactly does the wobble feel like?

If you have to ask, it's not death wobble.

Prob is a ball joint.

X2 LOL

I had a case of the death wobble the other day in the Grand Cherokee. It was soo freekin bad that I nearly caused a wreck from everybody staring and laughing there asses off. It shot everything in the floorboards (tons of BS laying in the seat) and shook so bad it made the radio skip. Time to put the POS back to wheelin duties and quit driving it just cause its there.

Sounds like you need to check everything for tightness and do a rotate and balance. If its true death wobble you WILL know it, and will either have to hold on and get it shut down, or punch it and power out of it. Either way your gonna spill the spit cup all over the seat, and maybe even loose another toof. LOL:kick:

i had the non repairable death wobble, i finally got mad and torched the front suspension off and went with rock krawler/pure performance long travel/long arms /track bar/ and new dodge t-style steering with kheldermans drop pitman, no more death wobble and no more feeling like you riding in a lumber wagon.

i`ve had it 3 times when i had the HBS kit...put the Kore springs TGC extended control arms drop blocks & bilstein 5100`s & said good bye to the DW. ....... note to self.....spacers suck!!!

Point well taken guys, I appreciate it. Time for a balance and a thorough check of the suspension.

Another question though....are the u-joints in these trucks as ****ty as the earlier models? I remember working at a side shop years ago and always having a dodge truck with the u-joints in the front SHOT

Point well taken guys, I appreciate it. Time for a balance and a thorough check of the suspension.

Another question though....are the u-joints in these trucks as ****ty as the earlier models? I remember working at a side shop years ago and always having a dodge truck with the u-joints in the front SHOT

yup

Back