Is it Possible?

BigBird82

I have a 1984 cummins 350 big cam with the 6 speed manual that i was thinking about trying to put in a 2003 f350 cclb and was wondering if it will fit at all without serious firewall modifications. I know i have to do serious front suspension work but thats not a big deal. Just curious if it is possible at all.

Thanks for you input

Tim

The motor and tranny are in a semi still and runs great and the 6.0 is blown in the ford so i can pick all up for about 4 grand. and was trying to figure out if it is even possible. That would be one heck of a tow rig if it could work.

Yes and no.

That is a massive engine, your front axle will not last long. And the better question would be how much of the firewall would you NOT cut out.

What could you do to help the axle? If anything at all? And yea i figured the firewall would dissapear.

You would preferably need a med duty axle or a 5 ton rockwell. Realize that you are talking about a 3500# engine that is 7ft long and 4ft tall.

A guy a few miles from me put a 8.3 cummins into a 1/2 ton 88 chevy 2wd. He built a new front frame section for it, installed a front 4wd axle from a 1st gen dodge and had to cut and rebuild the fire wall to make it fit and still has no intercooler

that big cam is BIG.

ANYTHING is possible but it would be easier to install it in the bed.

Talked with the guy that put the truck together. it was dynoed at Goerends and did 746hp. it has comp 79 injectors in it which are DDP 5/22. 181 delivery valves, 6k springs

FYI

you would probably be better off putting the ford body on the semi frame