Is it possible...

Santa Gertrudis

6.4LTTFMF
...to make your intercooler (like a spearco or something shiney) visible through the grille on our trucks? I just think it looks sick on the Dodges like that, but I wasnt sure about Fords. Can it be done?

I'd rather protect my $1200 piece of metal from rock chips and the guts of small animals LOL.

But I do agree that it looks pretty sick.

Unfortunately, the best performance on all heat exchangers occurs when the risk to damage is the greatest (i.e., when they are fully exposed to high velocity, unimpeded air flow).

Yea, it seems like the performance would be a ton better, and IMO would look so much better! Seems like if you cut up enough plastic.....

No doubt it could be done. Where there is a will there is a way. But how far are you willing to go and how much are you willing to cut up just to see it?

You could do the jobe performance hood cooler. Come on man. I'll even come cut the hood for ya.

Hellmann and I have talked about doing it to my truck. It would take new mounts for all the coolers, new lines, hoses, etc...but there is physically room to rearrange them, yes.

I like where your heads at Doug..

Collin..you need to jobeify that truck..hood mount baby!

P5080010.jpg

just wondering if any one is forgeting about the ac cooler that is infornt of the intercooloer on the fords gonna be hard to move that to far

I LIKE IT, but not in a gay way. My last truck with a functional shaker from an '03 Bullit Mustang.

Attachments

• 6452724-R1-007-2.jpg
    6452724-R1-007-2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 6452724-R1-005-1.jpg
    6452724-R1-005-1.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 28
Theres a Guy that lives South of me that moved his intercooler out. Removed the Grille from the truck and thats where the Intercooler is now, He did the same thing to his Pete 359 Log truck,, Deffinatly a differnt look, you know its him when ya see it

Put a hood scoop to feed that hood mounted intercooler and it could be Subaru WRX STi style! In reality, it would work for the street and wouldn't look that bad. If you had to make room for the big twins behind the grill.....or something.

you know how terrible them v-mounted i/c are, top mount. sit in some traffic in 90* weather and enjoy that heat soaked i/c LOL

I like where your heads at Doug..

Collin..you need to jobeify that truck..hood mount baby!

P5080010.jpg

What I love about this is the fact air needs to move vertically in order to pass through the cooler. So, as you drive, it is less and less effective :hehe:

Then you have the fact that heat rises...Even Better :hehe:

But at least he is thinking outside of the box (or at least half way :) )

Thats sweet!!

Thanks, I sold the truck but kept the hood and the shaker setup. It's for a 7.3L and I'd be willing to part with if anyone may be interested. The air from the scoop travels thru 64-69 mustang defroster ducting to an AFE cold air box. Never took a picture, though, with the hood up, wish I had now.

There was a superduty in one of the magazines, (diesel world or diesel power) where a guy switched places with his intercooler and condenser. I think it may have been a 7.3L I'll have to check my library.

I LIKE IT, but not in a gay way. My last truck with a functional shaker from an '03 Bullit Mustang.

Bullitt mustangs never had a "shaker" style hood scoop. They had the standard GT style scoop. The 2003-2004 Mach 1's had the functional Shaker scoop, just thought I would clearify that. I'm kinda partial to mustangs lol.

I like the look of it on your truck, it's different that's for sure.

Back