is it worth it?

dodgeram2500

i have an hx35w turbo off a 2000 5spd truck. the turbo on my 12v is just about shot. would it be a good upgrade, or the same to swap the wh1c out for the hx35w? will it just bolt on or will i need to change parts over? im not looking for a performance gain, just a turbo that don't leak oil. what do you reccommend, install known good hx35w or just rebuild what i got. by the way the truck is basically stock. thanks for the advice

I'd say you'll see a little quicker spool up but I've never played with one on a stock truck.

ok so i found out that both turbos have a 12cm housing. the hx35 is wastegated and the wh1c is non-wastegated. but i cant find any info on the size if the compressor or exhaust wheels. anybody???

i have an hx35w turbo off a 2000 5spd truck. the turbo on my 12v is just about shot. would it be a good upgrade, or the same to swap the wh1c out for the hx35w? will it just bolt on or will i need to change parts over? im not looking for a performance gain, just a turbo that don't leak oil. what do you reccommend, install known good hx35w or just rebuild what i got. by the way the truck is basically stock. thanks for the advice

98.5'-2002 HX35's are 7blade compressor 54mm x 78mm, turbine 58mm, 12cm^2 dual volute wastegated housing.

94-98 HX35's are 8blade compressor 54mm x 83mm, turbine 58mm, 12cm^2 dual volute wastegated housing.

When I had my HX35 on my 97 I really liked the prformance gain of the 14cm NON-wastegated turbine housing I got from HTT. It really lowers the EGTs, and didnt make it much more laggier.
High Tech Turbo