Is my new trany slipping already?

Pullnforfun

I had a ats stg 5 48re trany installed in january, could it be slipping? I have smarty loaded on 9, tst 0x0, edge ez on 2. I cant seem to get the wheels to spin on dry pavement, i am currently running 35x12.50x20 toyos, i dont have the ats co-pilot commander installed, is that my problem? help?

i wuld sugesst gettin the co-pilot. it will make a world of difference. it could just be the factory computer not letting the tranny lockup like it should.

Adam

You should be able to burn those to the ground. I can burn mine pretty good with just a 5psi launch.

I will be getting a co pilot very soon then!

So what should i replace my rail cap with then?????

Yea, yea, i know las Vegas? i have tried power braking with no success, i actually think my brakes are holding too well. i took them apart lastnight, have over 50k on them, with almost no wear what so ever, so maybe they work to well.

i cant power brake with my truck unless the road is wet or theres one road that i can do it on it revs up then it will defuel it it feels that way to me but i can do donuts all day with no prolly even in stock mode

Mine won't power brake without the smarty. The smarty helps get rid of the torque management and that's what's holding you back. I can burn my 35's with ease with just a 5-10psi launch.

I melted my tires down all day long with stock power on my 05 CR...anywhere, anytime. but....ive also been told im good at it. been accused of having line-lock several times LOL

i noticed with smartys it seems its harder to get them to spin than it should be....

really....theres too many variables here to call it out. your tires aren't small...programming, converter stall (maybe?), etc, etc

what would a co-pilot have to do with this? :poke:

well i had a co-pilot in my last trans, seem to burn them all day long, now i install this latest trans without the copilot, and now i cant? hmm seems kinda fishy to me?

im willing to bet its programming, even though there are variables here. Try Crazy Larry with torque management delete or the Smarty TNT R tune and turn trans controls OFF.

i am running 35's as well and even with the stock tranny when i turn my triple dog to scarry larry its tire roastin time heck at 1/2 throttle it will break em loose

trans

i would venture to say it's the converter, one of my customers had an ats extreme with co pilot and everything, it wouldn't spin the tires, put a suncoast converter, in the truck with suncoast's vb, and alto clutches, it melts the tires as soon as it hits second gear. like one guy said there is a lot of different variables between these trucks, with tuning and all, this was just one of my experiences.

Maybe the converter is just too tight? Is it really slipping like instead of blowing the tires off it just revvs up really quick or is it having trouble building rpm from a stop and once rolling its ok?

I had a 5star in my 6.0 and it was way too tight for the programming/fuel I was running. I couldnt hardly get it to build boost on the line for a 4x4 launch but once rolling and with the converter locked up it would run pretty good. Added injectors and different tuning then it had no problems at all getting on the converter and spooling up.

Back