Is Oil Pressure REALLY required? lol

Pangela

Not here.
Driving home from Elko on Sunday, I noticed my oil pressure gauge wasn't at the normal twelve o'clock position of 40. It was at um, 10. As we drove a bit more it headed down to zero, but would jump up and down between 10 and 20 from time to time.

We stopped in Reno, found a Kragen, added oil and it came back up to 40 on wide open at 80-85mph, but if I let off the accelerator it was back down between 0-10. At idle, it had nuttin.

No obvious oil leak. But left it at a friend's in Sac and it's going to a highly recommended shop today to get checked out.

From what I hear, oil pressure is kinda preferred. :bang
(Thanks Natalie for your help, and I promise... I'm NOT hypochondriacking! lmao, is that a word.... who knows, but trust me, if anyone can do it, tis' me.)

from what i understand, this is a common problem and the senders go bad. you do have oil pressure, but the sender is not reading it correctly. i hope this is all it is for you and you don't have any damage. i'll cross my fingers for ya!

I just hung up with my now favorite Diesel Mechanic Ken Imler, who was recommended to me by Nick D'Amico and he said it was a bad sender and I do have oil pressure, so I'm about to have a party! Happy about that. AND... he also fixed my fuel solenoid relay, so I don't have to pop the hood anymore EVERY time I start it and jump up on the tire lol.
Should have him back in a day or two!

lol... Nope he didn't go limp on me. Then again, that's not a problem I've ever had ;) (knock on wood...)

That's funny right there.
Lord forgive her for that, and be with the starvin' pygmies in New Guinea....

I crawl my arse under your truck in a 7-11 parking lot, burn myself on your crud getting your oil fill cap off and you don't believe me when I tell you those stock gauges are gay.

Thanks, blonde hater. :poke:

DirtyBlonde said:
I crawl my arse under your truck in a 7-11 parking lot, burn myself on your crud getting your oil fill cap off and you don't believe me when I tell you those stock gauges are gay.

Ahem... who got the oil fill cap off? lol...
And I had to leave it at Ken's and make sure, are you serious... Gawd, It could have been my drive line falling out!:bang

DirtyBlonde said:

looks like someone should have listened to the boy in south dakota.... i wont point out anyone or mention names though....

Yes. Hi, I'm Angela. It's called "Diesel Hypochondria". Get used to it. Just ask Nat... Seriously, my drive line could have fallen out dude.