Is This A Good Buy ??

megamonster2009

Ok their is a buddy at work that has a 12 v cummins for sale for $1500 but the only problem is it came out of a hummer that was in the afgan war he bought the truck and brought it home. But he does not want the motor. I have heard that they rag these motors out. He did tell me that it was rebulit a year ago then parked since then what should i do? :doh:

yes the war hummers mostly have a cummins motor in them hummer does not make the motor they are sub-contractedies

I've never seen a military hummer with a 12V Cummins.... And I saw alot of hummers in Iraq. I would post pics if I was you...

And the "war hummers" you speak of are most likely 1114's or 15's... they have turbo charged 6.5L V8 diesels built by GM.

ive worked on a few hummers when i was in the marines and never saw a Cummings in one as mentioned above from others i would check into that a little more

I dont think a B series will even fit in a Hummer. If its even from a military application, it will be a low HP engine. There is a ram that the AF uses to tow planes that would be a likely candidate.

ive worked on a few hummers when i was in the marines and never saw a Cummings in one as mentioned above from others i would check into that a little more

Ive never seen a CumminGs..............

thats what i wanted to know the guy that wants to sell it he realy seemed like he didnt know what he bought and he was the one that told me about the hummers. Me i dont know any thing about what some of you know from the war and what yall use. For the men that are troops thank you for what you do for us.

My buddy out here in Cali has a 6bt in his H1 Hummer,very neat setup! No military Hummers came with Cummins. They all came with boat anchors....

sure, let me hop on a plane, and go back...

J/K, Yeah it was when I was there in 2004, the guy was a Navy SEAL, and showed me the motor. P-pumped 12 valve. I couldnt tell you anyuthing other than that, but he said they swapped it out before they came over there on a few trucks, because the GM motors were garbage...

sure, let me hop on a plane, and go back...

J/K, Yeah it was when I was there in 2004, the guy was a Navy SEAL, and showed me the motor. P-pumped 12 valve. I couldnt tell you anyuthing other than that, but he said they swapped it out before they came over there on a few trucks, because the GM motors were garbage...

Thats why, operators in the Spec Ops community get an expense account for non-military issue equipment. Depending who you work for, the definition of what you can buy with it can get rather liberal. The Delta guys at Bragg had some SWEET toys.... most of it wasn't military, they said alot of the civilian gear was better.

If this was more along the lines of an Air Force ground equipment tug I would want to know how he got it because in the desert they are 4x4 Dodges and were 97 models whereas they are only 2wd here in the U.S. I drove one for years when I was going back and forth to the desert and I have always wanted to find one.

Back