Is This Normal For A 6.0?

Notorious6.0

How Bad Do You Want It??
-White smoke at start up and during idle
-Really slow driving after sitting for a long period ex. couple of days, 25-30 WOT in cooler weather
-Coughing/Bucking through intake in high gear(it's an auto)

What could be wrong?

Notorious6.0 said:
-White smoke at start up and during idle
-Really slow driving after sitting for a long period ex. couple of days, 25-30 WOT in cooler weather
-Coughing/Bucking through intake in high gear(it's an auto)

What could be wrong?

white smoke is common..not always normal..if possible attempt to smell it. If it smells like coolant..its not the norm..

veins 'could' be sticking on the turbo..they get moisture on them and begin to rust when that sit for a while..espically when not garaged.this would cause poor acceleration.

I am guessing you meant 'Barking' not 'bucking' thru the intake..yes on acceleration if you let off the gas pedal it will bark back..out turbos are not wastegated so the built up unused boost has to go somewhere. Typically know as a turbo 'fart'

Thanks for all the replies. But, the coughing/bucking is when I am on the gas, not when I let off.

mine did that but mine was miss up valve push air back thought turbo, but that not normal i think on it i had seen it before but i cant think of what it was when i fix it

Well, thanks for the replies. Took it in to the dealer, bad turbo, bad EGR, poss bad injector(s), reflash. No wonder it was running awful! Thanks all!
N-

Back