is this right?

fsd200250

OK im new to this site and dont know much about diesel performance,but i think i came to the right place for help.
Alright so i have been doing lots of reading and what i have figured out is first thing i should have done is gauges!!!oops!!!(i'll get those)

So what i need to do to make some power is get rid of the power pup and get some custom tunes.
Get a 4 in turbo back exhaust,then a bigger turbo,then some big injectors.
And i cant forget the fuel and oil.

Oh almost forgot i have the pmr's right? so i dont need to go over 400hp?

What's a good setup to get me there?:thankyou2:

Yah, being an 02, you more than likely have pmr's and 400 is seen as the max you should run (although some have run higher).

You're on the right track with custom tuning. . .beats the snot out of the canned Bully Dog stuff.

If it were me, i'd get the gauges, exhaust, and tuner first. Then a turbo or injectors. A drop in turbo should meet your needs just fine. You don't have to go too crazy with injectors to get to 400hp. Stay smaller on the nozzles and you'll keep your fuel economy but will sacrifice a few ponies. Big Oil isn't necessary to hit 400, but it will give you a flatter HP curve, it would probably be the last thing i did just in case you decided you didn't need any more after injectors and turbo.

Just be careful, this stuff is addictive. . .it won't be too long before you're pulling the engine and dropping in forged rods so you can make more power. If you're very easily consumed into your hobbies, I'd recommend getting Hybrid Injectors to start with that way you only have to buy injectors once.

Thanks for the help
Do i need to do turbo and injectors at the same time or can i do one or the other to get close to 400hp,and what are some good hybrid injectors?I guess i need to do some tranny upgrades first.What would you suggest for a turbo?Thanks

Only shooting for 400 means a relatively mild set up. You should be fine doing whichever one you want first. If you get injectors first you'll need to be careful until you get a turbo. Stock turbos will go for between 150-300 on ebay if in good shape, so don't toast it.

As far as turbos, a drop in will be cheapest for you. The standard turbonetics from www.blackwidowdiesel.com have done well and are cheap compared to the ball bearing units. Turbonetics also makes a BB version as well as Garrett (the GT38R. . .not to be confused with the stock GT38). The next step up would be the H2E. The H2E is a full on kit from the manifolds to the down pipe. It's a little more complicated to install, but is a great platform for upgrades down the road if you ever want a little more out of your truck. I'm running 500 at the tires on a stock H2E, so you'll still have plenty of room to grow if you want. Check out www.brianstruckshop.com for the H2E kit, they've got the best price around.

trick76cj5 said:
I'm running 500 at the tires on a stock H2E, so you'll still have plenty of room to grow if you want.

500hp on a stock H2? WTF were your EGT's? Dave can get Chris to mod it get some more air out of it. Damn good numbers on a stock H2E. Congrats!

I am not wanting to start an argument but how did your 500hp truck only run a 16.25 in the 1/4"?

Keep Strokin'

strokin_early99 said:
500hp on a stock H2? WTF were your EGT's? Dave can get Chris to mod it get some more air out of it. Damn good numbers on a stock H2E. Congrats!

I am not wanting to start an argument but how did your 500hp truck only run a 16.25 in the 1/4"?

Keep Strokin'

The 16.25 was on the stock motor, I haven't run the new motor yet. . .still working out the little details to make everything run just right. :hehe:

I dynoed at BTS and Cale burned my tunes for me. I've never seen over 1100* beating my truck around on the back roads. Not having been to the track, i can't be sure i won't go over 1250*, but i've run some pretty good 1/4 mile runs on the back roads and haven't gotten that hot. I'm planning on getting my dyno numbers uploaded eventually, i've just been too busy at work to get them scanned in.