Isspro FP Gauges Won't Zero Out

Big Smoky

Former 35er Electrician!
I have a 0-30 psi Isspro EV Marine FP gauge and it's been sitting on my shelf for a month or so and it's sitting on 5 psi. It did this when it was in my old truck as well. It would register but I'm not sure with how much accuracy. Has anyone heard of this or had this happen? Will Isspro warranty or am I SOL? Thanks

Eric

Call them and ask, the gauge is definitely wonky. On the good side though, if it's a constant 5psi off it will still read correct pressure...minus 5psi.

my isspro's SUCK. so much so I might as well not have put them on. just bite the bullet and buy autometer's. trans temp and oil temp are go up and down at will. pyro's have been ok but they stop at 1500*, or about 5 seconds of standing on it. fp gauge is off by over 8 psi

My Isspro's have been ok except for this problem. I love how good you can see them at night unlike the Autometers. I don't like the amp boxes at all though!

SINNER said:
my isspro's SUCK. so much so I might as well not have put them on. just bite the bullet and buy autometer's. trans temp and oil temp are go up and down at will. pyro's have been ok but they stop at 1500*, or about 5 seconds of standing on it. fp gauge is off by over 8 psi

I've had good luck with the Isspro gauges, maybe you have issues with the wiring installation. And you know they do make a 1800* pyro

dzlfarmboy said:
I've had good luck with the Isspro gauges, maybe you have issues with the wiring installation. And you know they do make a 1800* pyro
Yep I have the 1800* Isspro pyro

I've had great luck with my isspros. I love em. Till a spade connector for the light wouldn't come off and I ended up busting one. Oh well. I was looking for an excuse to get new ones. LOL I didn't like my autometers or my dakota digitals.

Smoky, I haven't forgotten about your amp box. As soon as I get a chance to put my new ones in I'll send you mine. Only thing I'm concerned about though is that my gauge is only a 1500* so I'm wondering if the readings might be different. Oh well. Not like you listen to your gauge anyways. LOL

dzlfarmboy said:
I doubt its the wiring or the manufacturer would not have replaced 6 out of 7 gauges so far. and the boost gauge would whistle and fog the glass. and the fp gauge is off when compared to a known accurate gauge. The overall poor quality and the horrible design of the amplifier boxes makes me tell everyone to avoid at all costs. and of course they came out with the 1800* gauge a couple of months after i bought mine.

my trans temp gauge started to bounce all over the place a few weeks ago. I checked all of the connections and it still does it how ever it is very erratic. Sounds like I am not the only one with this problem. Has anyone tried to get thiers warrantied?

SINNER said:
I doubt its the wiring or the manufacturer would not have replaced 6 out of 7 gauges so far. and the boost gauge would whistle and fog the glass. and the fp gauge is off when compared to a known accurate gauge. The overall poor quality and the horrible design of the amplifier boxes makes me tell everyone to avoid at all costs. and of course they came out with the 1800* gauge a couple of months after i bought mine.
Actually we are pretty quick to replace a customer's gauges, and even when they turn out to be fine we rarely make an issue of it. What do you mean by boost gauge whistle, is it a fluttering noise? Where is your boost connected on the engine? On the intake elbow or MAP sensor line? All the gauge brands have been having issues with boost rattle if connected to the MAP sensor line on a 6.0L, and some trucks seem to generate rattle even when connected to the intake elbow. We have a few fixes which may help in those circumstances.

As far as lens fogging, our lenses are coated to resist fogging, so I am surprised to hear that as well. I frequently run other brand gauges in side-by-side tests with our gauges, and I have seen the other brands fog up but never one of ours. Is there a possibility of some moisture trapped inside?

What pressure was your fuel pressure at when compared to your reference gauge? I would be interested to see that gauge back, as I have not heard of that much variation on a mechanical gauge.

RAB 38 said:
my trans temp gauge started to bounce all over the place a few weeks ago. I checked all of the connections and it still does it how ever it is very erratic. Sounds like I am not the only one with this problem. Has anyone tried to get thiers warrantied?

Warranty returns should go back through the dealer who sold it (the warranty department gets mad at me for screwing up their records if I circumvent the process). We have had a few amplifier boxes and trans temp sensors go bad in recent times, but please check the screw terminal connections into the amplifier box (some people forget to check that spot, and they do come loose).

How often do you see Autometer's engineering manager on these forums or at the dragstrip? ;)

Thanks,
Michael Pliska

Warranty returns should go back through the dealer who sold it (the warranty department gets mad at me for screwing up their records if I circumvent the process). We have had a few amplifier boxes and trans temp sensors go bad in recent times, but please check the screw terminal connections into the amplifier box (some people forget to check that spot, and they do come loose).

How often do you see Autometer's engineering manager on these forums or at the dragstrip? ;)

Thanks,
Michael Pliska[/QUOTE]

Thanks Michael, I found what the issue was, the harness connection was a little loose causeing a erratic display so I taped it together to keep it from rattling loose again. Thankyou for the reply. Sorry to highjack.

I hope I love my dipricols as well. I loved my isspros but I got bored with them and needed something new. That and I busted it. Oh well.