ISSPro Gauge wiring help...

Lil' Dunbar

The better looking Dunbar
I'm installing a set of ISSpro gauges (boost, pyro, and trans temp.) on my 99 2500. Got all the sensors put in and I am now trying to wire it up. It has a red power wire, pink ignition wire, green dimmer wire, brown ground wire, and a blue 'mode' wire. The red wire is hooked to the power wire on the fuse box as well as the ground on the negative. Any ideas on where the rest of the wires should go?

I'm installing a set of ISSpro gauges (boost, pyro, and trans temp.) on my 99 2500. Got all the sensors put in and I am now trying to wire it up. It has a red power wire, pink ignition wire, green dimmer wire, brown ground wire, and a blue 'mode' wire. The red wire is hooked to the power wire on the fuse box as well as the ground on the negative. Any ideas on where the rest of the wires should go?

Im pretty sure. Pink would go to a 12v ignition hot. Green to your light switch to control the gauge brightness. But can't help with the blue.

Ryan

Yeah thats what I figured. I used the radio fuse for the pink and tapped into the tan wire on my headlight switch which is supposed to be the dimmer.... nothing. Thats where I'm stuck at.

The radio fuse might not work, one of the fuses that supply the radio maintains power with the key off to keep memory up. Use a meter or test light to verify that you are on a fuse with switched power. The mode wire I have no clue on, what series are the gauges?

The radio fuse might not work, one of the fuses that supply the radio maintains power with the key off to keep memory up. Use a meter or test light to verify that you are on a fuse with switched power. The mode wire I have no clue on, what series are the gauges?

I couldn't even begin to tell you what series. They were sent to Dave a few years ago by ISSpro and he never used them so he gave them to me. They have an electronic signal processor so only 3 wires actually go to the gauges. The instructions that came with it are fairly vague.

Hit up Micheal and get some help, it sounds like they should work as you have them.

They have an electronic signal processor so only 3 wires

i believe those are performax series

Just looked them up, they are the performax gauges. Still not sure what wire on my headlight switch is the dimmer wire or where I'm supposed to hook up this blue wire. Here's a link to the directions, see if you guys can make sense of them..... http://www.isspro.com/installation/IS164.pdf

Here is a quick "cheat sheet" of the wiring connections for the Performax system:
Welcome to Google Docs

The blue mode wire is used in step #10 of those instructions previously linked, just to "fine tune" the backlighting. I never bother to hard-wire that wire to a button, I just use it one time, pulled outside the engine compartment and into the cab, and ground it to the cigarette lighter socket ground.

Everything I'm reading says they should work, assuming you have made good connections at all locations. Go back though and check all of the gauge connections to make sure they are all secure and correct. If that doesn't work? Start pestering the blue guy in this thread! LOL

Lol. Good deal, I'm going to try to figure these things out again tonight. Starting to get tired of driving around with 3 good lookin gauges on my pillar that don't work! :1tooth: Thanks for the input guys.

Alright.... I had a bad ground, so I wasn't seeing any power. Fixed that and only had the main power wire, ignition wire, and ground hooked up when i turned them on. They came on, worked, everything was great. Then I started messing with the green and blue wires trying to get the lights to work. Hooked the green wire to the illumination fuse in my fuse box because power to it fluctuated with the dimmer nob. Then I just hooked the blue wire to a ground because I didn't know what else to do with it. Now I can't stop blowing the 3 amp fuses on the main power wire no matter what I do. Even if I go back to the original setup of the main power wire, ignition, and ground I still blow fuses..... Did I fry this board or something?

The blue is meant to get the gauge lights in sequence with the dimmer knob on the light switch and is meant to be used in a momentary manner. Call Isspro, you might just have hurt something if you are constantly blowing fuses :(

Yep, fried it. Good thing I had a spare. The gauges are good to go now. Thanks for the help guys.

6546_10151524134150700_1995246004_n.jpg

Back