Isspro Gauges Present The Northwest Diesel Nationals

Ken, where were your trucks? I was hoping to see them there. I have video of that 8.205. Like was said though, he smoked the lights.

Max'd Out is in the shop in Boise, Rob was floating a river in Idaho and I sold my interest to him in Max'd Out. I should have brought it has White Out had the gremlin we've been fighting in the tuning return and Rob is the tuner as I didn't have another ecm or have the tunes to reflash the ecm. My bad as it was running great when we put it in the trailer. I took it out and did some work in the exhaust and tried a couple of boosted launches on the road. Launches hard then defuels so hard on the shifts that on the 3-4 shift it will down shift. Like a bucking bronco. Let it in the trailer at home.

Just watched the video, thanks for posting it!

I see the smoke that came out right at the launch underneath, I wonder if it came out of the wastegate?

Watching the video reminds me to thank my dad, for loaning us the light off the back of his bike for DirtyMax! He also fired up his commercial ice maker to supply the tons of ice for the ISSPRO BBQ at the race. Thanks Dad!

Michael, big thanks and cudos to ISSPRO for the great BBQ and all the free stuff. Thanks to NHRDA for running another smooth event and lots of folks to watch it. Sorry the Max'd Out racing team couldn't participate. Lots of trucks in the show and shine but a lot more just parked and either raced or dynoed. What can we do to get them involved. Congrats again on the great runs Michael, new best MPH 150.3

Just watched the video, thanks for posting it!

I see the smoke that came out right at the launch underneath, I wonder if it came out of the wastegate?

Watching the video reminds me to thank my dad, for loaning us the light off the back of his bike for DirtyMax! He also fired up his commercial ice maker to supply the tons of ice for the ISSPRO BBQ at the race. Thanks Dad!

No problem, I took some more videos also but there on a friends sd card. I do have about 3 more of the final rounds though. And one of that awesome 69 camaro. I'll post them up.

I didn't know the Camaro made it into the 7's. His name is Paya (not sure of spelling), a buddy of mine (actually a father and son team, David Chun Sr. & Jr.) builds his engines. That is David Sr. guiding him on the burnout. I know they have been trying to get a 7 second pass for a while, not sure if that was the 1st one but I know he has had a ton of 8.0 passes.

Thank you Isspro and NHRDA, it was another nice event.

I had fun even though my night got cut short by a broken truck. Oh well.

Congrats to all the winners.

I was suprised as well to see so few trucks on the dyno. I figured with all the whining and complaining about the last local dyno event here (not NHRDA) having a dyno that didn't give "real" numbers there would be more participants. Especially since many of the same people showed up.

Jerry,
Sorry to hear about the breakage! I was bummed when I saw your truck on the trailer before 1st round.

I'd be interested in any feedback from spectators who chose not to race or dyno. What kept you from doing it? Cost, fear of breakage, unfamiliarity, etc?

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I heard gripes about the cost of the dyno. I didn't think it was too far out of line at all. Sure cheaper is better, but it was not outrageous. I don't know what kept everyone off the track.

Yeah, $60 for 2 pulls, $75 for 3 on a known good dyno! If I wasn't so busy I would have put my truck AND my Jetta on the dyno.

Roy, I knew you had a clutch slippage issue, but I figure there can't be issues with EVERY truck out there!

Thank you Isspro and NHRDA, it was another nice event.

I had fun even though my night got cut short by a broken truck. Oh well.

Congrats to all the winners.

I was suprised as well to see so few trucks on the dyno. I figured with all the whining and complaining about the last local dyno event here (not NHRDA) having a dyno that didn't give "real" numbers there would be more participants. Especially since many of the same people showed up.

I wondered the same thing Jerry, same guys who were at the dyno event held by the cummins guys last spring. Damn shame, maybe they didn't want to know their real numbers, easier to say what it should make then what it does make. I know Roy worked hard to get some interest going, too bad it turned out to be such a bust. The cost was not that bad either.

Actually my clutch did not slip at all Saturday. I think it is more that I have very little friction material left! Whatever, I had a great time! I probably should have put my big tires on Saturday morning and hit the dyno only, but I wanted to "show off" lol a 12 second run.......just couldn't get the effing thing in gear.

Good times though!

Roy, what did you end up running? I had read about your prior 12 second pass, was looking forward to seeing another one!

If anyone wants to donate $10 large to pull my 68rfe out and swap to a 48re, I'll be glad to race and dyno! That was why I didn't. Tranny is making static.

Roy, what did you end up running? I had read about your prior 12 second pass, was looking forward to seeing another one!

Not even worth mentioning.......really ha ha ha! I mean 12's is nothing special in the grand scheme of things, but a 14.1 and a couple 20 second runs is not what I was hoping for :nail:

I would have gladly hit the dyno and raced.

If my pickup was running....

A big thanks to Isspro for putting on a great event! I had a great time.

Steven,
Thanks for bringing your truck out! It always impresses the heck out of everyone that sees it! Sorry I didn't catch up with you (aside from waving in passing)!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I ended up saturday driving the wifes car. I broke the truck Friday night at Woodburn trying to tune in the water/meth and had to be trailered home. Big thanks to Matt and Katt from Siskyou Muffler for the tow! I was looking at getting some numbers on the dyno and seeing what the truck would really do. It was hard watching the racing and not running that was for sure. :doh:

I was just re-watching the pass between me and Malcolm. Considering the incrementals showing I ran about an 8.70 @ 150.4, and Malcolm jumped out about a half-second on me when he pushed through, he was only about a half-second behind me at the finish line, which means he probably made another 9-second pass on that run! I wish we could have had a "do-over" on that pass!

Back